• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for some help with flash.. Website work

What I'm looking to do is make custom ornaments and other things for sale on my site.

I want the customer to be able to upload a pic to a template and be able to move it around to get the look they want.

Take this for example
I want the white to be the only part that shows the design..
And then let the person move it around and resize it.
THEN be able to save it for a order.

What does this take? Or how can I do this!
thanks

attachment.php

thanks!

Attachments

• Untitled-47.png
    Untitled-47.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 126

wmshuman

Back in school (php & mysql class), I managed to have our professor make that project you are referring to our final exam. Since I am in the sublimation business it would help me greatly and everyone else went along with it. Everyone had a part in the project. Mine was to create the "templates".

Needless to say the project, as basic as it was was very heavily involved and by no means can someone without proper php and mysql knowledge be able to build it by themselves. Our project was a little more in depth, using ImageMagik to actually edit the uploaded photo, add text, crop, etc. Everything was database driven and kept stats of the traffic using the app. Meaning, you had to create an account to use the app so the program would know who is uploading the file and who's "account" folder to store
the file into.

You uploading a photo of that ornament reminded me of how I started out when I pitched the idea for the final project. I will see if I can find that project and send you a copy. You will need to modify it to run on your server, but at least it is a starting point.

signswi

How are you going to do quality control on the submitted raster art? What if someone uploads a file that ends up 15dpi at size? They're expecting what they see on screen and you can't deliver something that will look good due to the art.

Jim Doggett

The most help I can offer is: don't use it; or use it ever so sparingly. Search engine hate it. It's as far from W3C as it gets. Your images won't search. Plus more and more users are using phones. Dislike goes to full-on hate, for end-user too.

CSS, and only tables for tabular data, is the holy grail, today. Flash is a gimmick that's seen its better days. IMHO.

Jim

wmshuman

How are you going to do quality control on the submitted raster art? What if someone uploads a file that ends up 15dpi at size? They're expecting what they see on screen and you can't deliver something that will look good due to the art.

A simple PHP if statement would solve that problem. If the image pixel dimension doesn't reach a certain number, then the image would be rejected. GotPrint uses logic similar to this if you decide to design your own biz cards online and your uploaded image is not 350 dpi. The system won't let you upload the file.

wmshuman

The most help I can offer is: don't use it; or use it ever so sparingly. Search engine hate it. It's as far from W3C as it gets. Your images won't search. Plus more and more users are using phones. Dislike goes to full-on hate, for end-user too.

CSS, and only tables for tabular data, is the holy grail, today. Flash is a gimmick that's seen its better days. IMHO.

Jim

Flash is simply a movie. To say it is as far from W3C standards as it gets is false. If you embed the movie correctly and use the correct parameters, there should not be an issue with compliance.

Granted Flash does not work on the majority of phones, but newer smart phone are starting to pick up flash lite (droid 2 for example). Flash is expected to run on Iphone and Palm Pre before the end of the first quarter of 2011. Who wants to design a product on a 3 inch screen anyways?

Flash was never meant to be search optimized, although I have read some tutorials on making it optimized, so it is possible example1.

TO THE OP --- If you have about $3000 you can purchase this exact application in a flash format from here.