• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for some input...

speedmedia

Hey all, Happy New Year!

I am looking on some input for a wrap I am designing. I want it to look a bit washed out retro almost like a cigar wrap. Wanting to keep things simple and readable all the while but being a design I like more than something a potential customer might like.

I also am toying around with trying to turn it into a partial wrap. Any thoughts on how you might attack that?

What do you all think?

Thanks,
Kurt

Attachments

• grandwrapsmiscrs.jpg
    grandwrapsmiscrs.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 114

kstompaint

I think you need to make the "Grand Wraps .com" a lighter color... off white maybe. A splash of red would also look cool on the logo somewhere.

As far as a partial wrap... what color is the truck?

StickyBoyz

Kurt,

I personally like the design the way it is now. What design software and clipart did you use to create the proof. I really like it.

speedmedia

Here is an update based on the prior suggestions...

Keep them coming guys, thanks for the help!

Thanks,
Kurt

Attachments

• grandwrapsmiscrs.jpg
    grandwrapsmiscrs.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 98

speedmedia

Matte or gloss lam? I am a little torn. I like the matte look but I think most customers would prefer to see gloss.

Do you think this design could lend itself to use matte and not look silly?

Thanks,
Kurt

kstompaint

The color change helped a lot. I'm not sure how you feel about tweaking the proportions of your logo... but I think maybe the crown should fill the window up a little more. I like the lighter color for the main text. I actually do think that your design lends itself to matte lam. I was going to use it on mine but I've never installed it on a full wrap before and I chickened out. Plus I have chrome door handles, bumpers, grille & 24" chrome wheels, so I thought the matte wouldn't fit with that stuff.

signgal

Love the update and the "retro" feel is so hot. I think the matte is meant for a design like this... Like the tagline and the name too. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with on the other side. Is it possible to add a bit of that red to the rays of the burst in the background? just an idea from a newb.

Adam Bennett

I think it would be kinda cool to try a spot UV effect on this- like with the text in your logo, just cut some high gloss overlam and overlay "Grand Wraps.com" with the gloss. I think the rest (or the whole thing) would be better in matte

speedmedia

I think it would be kinda cool to try a spot UV effect on this- like with the text in your logo, just cut some high gloss overlam and overlay "Grand Wraps.com" with the gloss. I think the rest (or the whole thing) would be better in matte

Man I agree. I think it would be cool to do both. I am leaning that way. Would make a neat example to show customers what is possible.

Good idea.

Thanks,
Kurt

speedmedia

OK, one more update with rear and hood views as well. Looking for more input and to see what you all think.

Also, can I load up lam in the vinyl cutter and cut? I like the idea of doing parts in gloss with the base in matte.

Thanks,
Kurt

Attachments

• gwfinalall.jpg
    gwfinalall.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 126

kstompaint

I kinda liked the stripe along the bottom that listed the services. I think I'd try blowing the logo up really big on the back and then putting just your services & phone # in the upper right.

I'm sure you can cut just the lam on your plotter with a 'lil trial & error on the pressure... but how are you going to install it? You will have to use app tape for sure. I think it would have to be dead on to look right and that may be difficult. I think this would result in some "silvering" too. Maybe try a test panel.

WrapperX

I agree with kstompaint - the line of services along the sides was a sharp touch. Maybe make the text the same color as Grand wraps. As for Laminating and cutting. We laminate almost every print and cut it in our Mimaki CG 160 - you need more pressure but thats about all. If its a solid sheet - no negative space removed - the laminate should make it firm enough to handle with out appliaction tape. Tapes only true purpose is to hold together elements of a sign that would not stay together if removed from the backers. I've found when you laminate sheets of vinyl, printed or other wise, it does not allow the vinyl to move and "breath" in ways its meant to. We never put application tapes on wrap vinyl unless there are seperated elements that REQUIRE it.