• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to buy a new tablet.

altereddezignz

I keep my laptop up to date with current models on the dell workstation series. I am looking for a tablet of some sort i can do illustrator and Photoshop designs in. I would like to migrate away from my dell workstation series but not sure ill fine a laptop or tablet that will allow me to draw and all that but still handle the load of my laptop. I use the workstation bc they are simply a workhorse and handle cad if i use it. I normally use illustrator and photoshop for everything but i run an assortment of software. I am never in the same spot at the same time daily so having my laptop with me is perfect. I dont think i have used a desktop in years.
I would love to have only one latptop but not sure how that would work . Thanks in advance.

altereddezignz

I need to modify. The only time i use a desktop is when using flexi and operating the printers or plotters but i do not design there.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
My laptop handles design work with no problem- Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel- even FlexiSign.
I'm sure one day tablets will, too- I just don't see them being at that level yet (I'm not counting touchscreen PCs as tablets).

WildWestDesigns

I have the 1st generation Wacom Cintiq tablet and I really like it alot.

I run a lot of the CS6 suite software and Wilcom digitizing software and it handles everything very easily.

Even did some video rendering for my tutorials using Premier Pro with it.

It does have a tad small screen, but since it's mainly when I'm away from the office, but still need to do work, it handles everything just fine.

altereddezignz

I guess i need to say doesnt have to be a tablet. It can be a laptop just with the capability of drawing directly on the screen. Something that will handle the pressure, angle and so on.
Thanks for the feedback so far.

scott pagan

our IT support guys love their Surface Pro 4s, but i don't know how well pressure sensitive drawing in Adobe CC functionality is. powerful computers in tablet form, kinda pricey.

rjssigns

One of my students has a Surface Pro 4. He really likes it and says it runs Adobe CC without issue. My brother also has one, and says for day to day business management it rocks. He uses an iPad Pro for everything else.

oksigns

Funny you should bring this up, because very soon I will be converting to a new workflow using Lenovo's updated Yoga Book with windows to compliment my Cintiq workstation. Work can be fun sometimes!!