• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to get aluminum signs made - Anyone have a source?

jtiii

I paid good money for you to read this!
I need 2 18"x40", 2 12"x40", and 2 6"x40" reflective signs with radius corners like the image below. I don't care if it's on acm or aluminum.
ScreenShot.png

jtiii

If no one wants to quote me on this, does anyone have a wholesaler they like to use for this type of thing?

2B

What grade of reflective?
Are you looking for a printed or plotter fabrication?

There are several MM that should be able to do this
WYLDGFI
ABA Visibility Products

Those look like they are intended for roadway, what does your local MUTCD specs call for?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Look for a local street sign maker. The kind that make street signs, only. Many times, municipalities have their own department.

jtiii

What grade of reflective?
Are you looking for a printed or plotter fabrication?

Those look like they are intended for roadway, what does your local MUTCD specs call for?
They're actually for a walking/bike trail in a park. They don't need to be made to a particular spec, they just want them to look like "real" signs.
Thanks 2B and Gino I appreciate it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hahaaaa...... then why do they need to be reflective ?? Is there that much night-time travel around ??

jtiii

Hahaaaa...... then why do they need to be reflective ?? Is there that much night-time travel around ??
The nice folks on the "Friends of..." committee asked a state park for guidance and some overzealous DNR officer told them they needed to be reflective but didn't give them actual specs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess the headgear lights will light them up just swimmingly. Do they even realize, you need a certain amount of lumens in order to make reflective vinyl work like it's supposed to ?? They'd be better off, putting solar lights with each sign and making them tamperproof.

citysignshop

My experience is that ACM will NOT survive anywhere within reach of vandals. If you are investing that much money in a sign, installation etc.....especially if reflective, then use at least .080" aluminum like traffic signs. That long a panel needs support in at least 3 places, or they are easily bent! :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think 10mm alumalite would do the job and not bow or warp. Ya only need one sheet cut to those sizes. If worried about vandalism, then nothing will work. If someone wants it, they'll find a way. It would behoove the OP to have a piece delivered, he cut it up, put the reflective down and then letter it.

MikePro

We've made walking trail signs in Michigan, unrelated to your project but relateable :)
Ours were 1/8" aluminum with printed&laminated 3M whatever IJ680 was back in ...2005?

Any "signs/graphics" shop in your area should be able to whip these up for you to pickup, I see an Art-FX Signs in Bridgman that has what appears to be a printed reflective police cruiser badge in their portfolio.