• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lost key (dongle) for our gs6000 running on ColorBurst

Sashatronics

So we were moving and when time was seting up couldnt find a dongle, so production is seized as this moment. ANy one had trouble like this before?
This just bad start of the week((

Gabriel

This sucks, dude! Can't u just buy a new one from those who gave you the dongle the first place?

jmcnicoll

Not all dongles are printer specific, but I found out the colorburst ones that came with the GS6000 are.

jim

phototec

One day I was on the phone with a SAi (Flexi) tech guy, and I asked him what would happen if I lost my dongle, he told me I would have to purchase another license, he said, "who ever holds the dongle owns the software".

Anyway, his recommendation was to install the dongle in the USB port on the BACK of the computer, NOT the front and attach a lanyard of some type on the dongle and secure it to the back of the computer for safe keeping so you don't loose it.

Best to do this NOW before you loose your dongle!

:thumb:

iSign

You can wire up a USB port INSIDE the tower too, if theft were ever a concern ( like a disgruntled employee pocketing it... Where theft of entire computer might be a little less easily concealed

Sashatronics

i just cant believe how little dumb this is. Colorburst cant help me about this situation.
Good point, maybe its time to invent some sort of inside computer gadget os sort of usb so no one looses theirs or someone pocketing it. Seems to me colorburst and other software company's who uses dongles making most money on people like me.
This just sucks((

Graphics2u

Probably not a bad idea to have them specifically listed in a insurance policy. Not that it would help in this case but in the event of it getting stolen.

phototec

You can wire up a USB port INSIDE the tower too, if theft were ever a concern ( like a disgruntled employee pocketing it... Where theft of entire computer might be a little less easily concealed

Now that's a great idea, do you specifically know what I need to do this?

Are you saying there is another USB port (connector) inside the box?

:help

boxerbay

This is badass! Never knew one of these existed. Perfect to safegaurd the dongle inside the computer. The operator would never even know it was in there reducing your chances of theft or misplacing it.

@Sasha - you're screwed and you will have to either find the dongle or purchase a new license. The problem is that if someone stole it they can just go to colorburst website, download the latest version of the software and start operating using your copy of the license.