• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lost left side Magenta

sha

This looks like manifold problem. Claim your warranty for this.
I would not do anything on my own on this case...

Out There

Follow up
Changed out the ribbon cable and no change. BTW what a pain, you need mini fingers to get those things plugged in :)

Don't know whats next. Hopefully Grimco will send someone out to fix this thing.

Out There

when you say Manifold do you mean the printhead?

sounds like it could be a head issue

Well that's the next step Grimco wants me to pursue. They want me to take a syringe of cleaning solution and push it through the head. Sounds a bit scary.

Bummer thing is and I probably should have known this, even with a 2 year warranty Grimco charges for travel time and labor. :covereyes:

Freese

Well that's the next step Grimco wants me to pursue. They want me to take a syringe of cleaning solution and push it through the head. Sounds a bit scary.

Bummer thing is and I probably should have known this, even with a 2 year warranty Grimco charges for travel time and labor. :covereyes:

yea that's what I'd do with a JV3...push some solution through with one of those syringes that you can fit an ink tube over...you would either not be able to squirt any through, or you would notice a crappy pattern of spray (as compared to the other colors on the single JV33/cjv printhead which would look good).

Yea, that's the crappy thing about those warranty, is they are just parts DOH!

But if it is the printhead, you could probably change it yourself. My guess is that your tech has a video on changing a jv33 print head. It's not that bad as long as you do it right.

projectneon

i had the same issue, but it was the seals around the capping station wearing out, new capping station fixed the issue with in minutes

Out There

I tried the cleaning solution through the head and magenta came out. It's not plugged up, which is good I guess.

So far I've done:
New capping station
New ribbon cables
Ran cleaning solution through the head

So now I'm more confused than usual :) and the Grimco tech has not returned my email. Argg...

Good thing it prints fine with only one channel of magenta.

Out There

Well Grimco is sending out a new print head.

Anyone have a manual or video that shows this procedure?

I would just have a tech come out and do it, but the closest one is in the Mid West. So that would mean Big bucks! and I can't afford that.

It seems a little crazy that Grimco in Seattle would not have at least one local tech.