• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Low Down on 2006 PressVu 200/600 SC

Jack Knight1979

Guys. I don't know squat about flatbed printing other than the basics.
This hybrid seems pretty sweet, but as with all printers they never are as good as they seem.

What are the operating costs on this machine. How's the print quality and speed for sellable prints. Can you do aftermarket inks on it.

How much do the heads cost, how many does it have, how much are the lamps. Does it run on 240? Is it build like a tank? If anyone can share what they know about this machine I would appreciate it.

rjssigns

Not real sharp with flatbeds, but make dang sure you know EXACTLY what it costs to buy replacement lamps whether conventional or LED.

Here is why: The college I go to bought a Roland UV roll to roll. AFTER the thing was bought, paid for, and installed the rep said: "BTW the LED lamps are FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS PER SIDE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what I know.

miker

the LED lamps are super expensive because they almost never need to be replaced compared to traditional UV bulbs which should be replaced regularly and cost $1000~ish depending on make and model, but the PV200 is not LED.

The PV200 is on the tankish side. Not really the greatest quality printer out there as it is 10 years old, but if the price what you want. Yes, you can run aftermarket inks in it.