• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lynx 24"quit working

my plotter was working fine and changed rolls of vinyl, now th cutting head just goes from side to side and never stops at the edge of the roll..any ideas

OldPaint

time to buy a REAL PLOTTER?????
ok....enough wizearesin.
sounds like a sensor craped out....or you need to check your pinch roller settimgs...it might not be in aliginment.

signmeup

Lots of helpful advice there. It sounds like a sensor or switch went bad. See if you have a stuck or broken micro switch at the ends of the carriage.

Adrian

Last edited:
OP I have a real plotter at the shop...I\I carry this 1 in my race trailer to do decals at te track. Well there goes the profit for the weekend......
I'll check he switches...

S

Sign-Man Signs

We have 4 of the "Not Real Plotters" and have used them for years.
Check
1. Sensors front and rear. We tape our rear sensor off.
2. Pull cutter try cover and check connection to sensor
3. Belt tension on left side of cutter may be to tight. Should be loose to the touch.
4. Do a good cleaning on the internals.
5. You may have a bad Y axis motor. To check call tech at Signware House. They'll tell you how to run a test. New one is $79.00 dollars.

These cutters are work horses. Keep it. We run ours almost 7 days a week. No x axis errors like POS Graphtec's. Best media handler on the market.

S

SignTech

panther 30" here not a problem 3 years runs most the day ... tough machine .......

Jason Davie

either the sensor in the head is bad or you need the cable that goes back and forth with the head.. I replaced mine a couple of years back and it was like 36 bux for both.. real easy fix..

gvgraphics

We have 4 of the "Not Real Plotters" and have used them for years.
Check
1. Sensors front and rear. We tape our rear sensor off.
2. Pull cutter try cover and check connection to sensor
3. Belt tension on left side of cutter may be to tight. Should be loose to the touch.
4. Do a good cleaning on the internals.
5. You may have a bad Y axis motor. To check call tech at Signware House. They'll tell you how to run a test. New one is $79.00 dollars.

These cutters are work horses. Keep it. We run ours almost 7 days a week. No x axis errors like POS Graphtec's. Best media handler on the market.

I had one of the SW cutters, my GRAPHTEC out runs it any day. The Media handling sucked, time consuming and just a pita!

Techman

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH,, what a state of amusement..

You can tell that to the noobs, but it will never fly with those who use cutters for a living. Summa, Graphtec, Anagraph, Gerber.. all professional machines. A hobby casual use machine will never outwork these top cutters.

OldPaint

couple yrs ago there was a airbrush guy in WALMART here. he had one of these "dead horses"!!!
had the covers off it, rewired boards, and had a hell of a time just cuttin mask!!!! at the time i had a ROLAND PNC-1000 (now that is a work horse) i bought it used in 1993, run it till 2001 when i got a deal ona PNC-1100(BETTER WORKHORSE) SOLD the PNC-1000 for $550....and to my knowledge ITS STILL WORKIN!!!!!!!
ive seen to many of these PLASTIC dead horses....go south.....i now have a ROLAND CX-300 wonderful machine.....it even cuts off the vinyl !!!!!!! oh buy the way the PNC-1100 still works.......

S

Sign-Man Signs

Rick, I'd call SW and get one of the guys from tech to help you. They trouble shoot it over the phone. Been my experiance they're good guys. I wouldn't worry about all the neg about your plotter. Keep it, it's a good one despite opions expressed in this thread. You'll NEVER have an x or y axis error because they use heavy duty motors that can un-roll a new roll of vinyl while it cuts, unlike the Graphtec POS machines. But then agian, that's just my opion and has no validity in this forum, other than owning four of these machines and using them daily for the last 8 years.