• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mabey buying a sp300v, Need some info

Maxon70

TEST PRINT, HISTORY REPORT, STANDARD & HIGH QUALITY PRINT OF AN IMAGE WITH FULL SPECTRUM, AND A COMPLEX CutContour. THE HISTORY REPORT WILL SHOW THE LIFE SPAN OF THE HEADS. ITS A GREAT MACHINE, MINE RUNS EVERYDAY, ALL DAY!

Great ideas, can you tell me how to run a history report incase he dosent know ?

Maxon70

Why would he go through the the trouble of replacing all of those parts and then throw in the towel over a print head? That's a red flag in my book, if all it needed to be a functioning unit was a printhead you'd think he would replace the head and then sell it for a bigger profit... If the seller doesn't see the sense in investing any more into the machine then why would you? If it is worth 3300 as a paper weight then I would think it would be worth double if it was working like new, they must not think it's worth fixing.

According to him its working fine with the head like that, so no need for a replacement.

dfritz08

The print head has been that way since I bought the machine 3.5 years ago from the original purchaser, never had a problem with it and it still prints fine. It's not worth it to me to replace it since I have a 54" Roland that I use for the majority of my work and I've downsized my operation and taken on a full time job. If I were to put the money into replacing the head I would be selling the printer for somewhere around $4500, but since i know theres a chance the print head could go out in the near future I've priced it accordingly. The OP could still buy it, replace the head and have a machine worth more than he has in it.

equippaint

As a first printer, the Roland SP300/540 is a good solid machine, easy to learn and a ton of information online to diagnose and fix problems. There's a lot of them out there. Why not make a deal with him that youll replace the head and sell it to him for 42-4500 in proper working order if you already did all of that other work? A head's under $500 and 2 hours to swap it. Like everyone else on here, I wouldn't buy or recommend someone else buy a printer with pre-existing conditions. Theres enough of them out there that you really dont have to take that risk.