• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

magenta head needs cleaning but how?

gabagoo

After being absent since last Thursday, my regular nozzle wash that is done on Fridays had to wait until Monday when I returned. I am also low on a cyan cartridge so I know the wiper does not wipe the heads until that cartidge is changed. My magenta head on the test print has far to many boxes missing and it usually is 100%. What can I do at this point to get the wiper to clean the head? Should I just toast the cyan cartridge and replace it or is there another way?

Letterbox Mike

swap out the cyan for fresh, run a couple cleanings and you're good as new. If you know there's a usable amount of ink left in the old cyan cartridge, reinstall it after the cleaning cycles and then replace it with the "new" cartridge you already opened when it runs out. We do that all the time if there's enough ink in the old cartridge to justify it.

gabagoo

The printer indicates near end so that means 10% or less and from experience also means once I pull it the machine will no longer accept it. Can I swing the head over to the other side and gently wipe the underside of the head with a foam swab...carefully? or dont even attempt it!!!

Letterbox Mike

It'll take it back if you put it back in, assuming it's printing right now. It won't let you do cleanings if it's down to 10% but it'll continue to print until it runs out. So put a new cart. in, clean, and then put the near-empty one back in until it runs out.

MachServTech

Make sure you have a full cartridge. Perform a Nozzle Wash. Function> Maintenance > Station > Nozzle Wash
clean the wiper and fill the caps with solvent. Set for 99 min (if possible)
(you may gently clean the bottoms of the offending printheads with solvent before this procedure)

gabagoo

thanks guys a 30 minute wash did it!!!! :) now I bet that cartridge wont go back in and be accepted but it was that or nothing eh?

:U Rock: