• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

magenta head pouring out ink!!

Joesignshop

The banding started in a print on a banner so I performe a cleaning.The test print showed magenta drop-out so I did an inspection. In standby the magenta head is dripping ink. Turned the power off and cleaned and seemed to stop but started again halfway through the print. Anybody have a cure or what might be the problem? Also what to do before a tech can come by Monday am? Its dripping at an alarming rate!

Thanks!

ericmitchell29

Joe I'm not sure what you have for a printer but... Did you look really close at the print head? Does it have a hair on it by any chance? It will drip now and then with a hair on it. Its worth looking at.

Eric

Joesignshop

Whoops forgot to mention..I have a Roland vp540. I did a medium clean and seemed to have cleared up the dripping nozzle problem. I also did find a few hairs prior to that and it was altering the print. I must watch that! Thanks for the help.