• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

magenta printing black

os101king

Ok. new prob. did a strong clean (VJ1204, about three years old, original heads, eleven ten eco-sol inks) and an alignment check, but my printer is running black out of the magenta nozzles. Did a nozzle check too, it's running full.. no breaks. Just black from the magenta channel. They're 220 carts, status is showing 21% in the magnenta cartridge and over 50% in the others.

Idears? Hints? Suggestions before I call the techs?

os101king

no the cartridge is the same as last night, when I ran a sixteen foot print of multi-color graphics out and it was fine. first thing I ran today turned out black. the second did too. now in the nozzle check the section that's supposed to be magenta is black, same with the alignment print.

os101king

yep. took it out, moved it around a little there is definitely ink in there and it is definitely a magenta cartridge. nothing odd about the outlet either.... not on the surface at least.

os101king

pulled all of them out to physically inspect. m in m slot, y in y... et cetera. all full to a degree. nothing physically wrong and ink status is still showing 21% in magenta.

os101king

if I have a disgruntled employee then I probably need to be on lithium... cause I'm the only one here ever!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have you cleaned the machine lately ?? Possibly the resting station is so saturated it keeps picking up contaminants.

os101king

that's a possibility. the resting station sponge is pretty beat to hell. i'm going to order a new one and new waste tank sponges and give a good hearty once over cleaning tomorrow when everything gets here. i ran a strong clean yes, but I guess ruling out all the variables is a much better way to fix something than assuming the worst. wouldn't it just streak all the way across the print if it were on the head though? maybe it's SO bad that its sucking it up to the magenta head while it rests?? maybe the magenta chip is giving a false reading and it's pulling black INTO the cart? had that happen with cyan and 440 cart.

3dsignco

Same thing can happen with worn Dampeners. It will suck the black through... Try doing a print.. Had that happen with a Verssacam and it was the dampners and after running for a few inches the magenta started printing.. Quick fix but you will have to replace the Dampeners soon. And while its apart just replace them all.

ElevenTen_Color

Same thing can happen with worn Dampeners. It will suck the black through... Try doing a print.. Had that happen with a Verssacam and it was the dampners and after running for a few inches the magenta started printing.. Quick fix but you will have to replace the Dampeners soon. And while its apart just replace them all.

Sounds like a cross contamination issue from pressure. As an ElevenTen Customer you have access to our technical support team. We would like to assist you in any way we can.

midnightmadman

Could be the difference in volume from the other ink being over 1/2 full and that one being near empty. You could try putting in a new cartridge.
That happened to me a while ago and it fixed the issue. But you will need to pull magenta with a syringe for a while to get it flowing again.

os101king

Ok. Replaced magenta... ran a few blocks of pure color to pull the ink back in. Printed a few things fine. Think I had a couple strikes... crap vinyl tunneled on me at the platen... and now I get this.

p1013101.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

any hints suggestions? 3 year old 1204 VJ, no parts replaced yet.

os101king

Actually, the Magenta problems were the easy ones! Those were solved by replacing the magneta.. the chip or printer malfunctioned and didn't read when it was empty.

Actually, no. The pattern is only with the magenta... the black is printing a light band of green at the bottom and printing a weird green color. replaced it, cleaning & test prints and nothing changed. been advised that my maintenance station needs to be replaced.

os101king

really?

that's fantastic.. i really appreciate that! i have to put out for the maint. station and possibly the labor, so that cartridge would help. i will call tomorrow.

thanks!!