• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta stop printing

mustafade

Where did you get the correct sized tubing from for syringe? How did you turn on the valves? I here that you must have someone working them from backside of JV33 unit? Many thanks to all for all the help and understanding.

Me personally, I would like to completely understand how those parts work in case I do have to call in the big guns. Sometimes, advice given can lead to serious problems without complete understanding or comprehensive info about parts and or issue. I know that can be lengthy at times but very crucial. Having these discussions help in those areas and are appreciative by the readers.
I ordered the syringe from Advantage Sign Supply it is specific for all the fittings in the JV33. I turned on the valves on service mode #Test/Ink Cart./Cart Valves as you use up arrow buttons you turn dashes to circles which means valve for that particular line is turned on.
No they are not working behind the machine if that's what you are asking. Everyrhing is accesable from in front of the machine.
I called a service tech because, the information I am getting isn't sufficient enough to carry on on my own to try to fix it. I am loosing time and money as the machine sits without any production going on another means I am making no money since Thursday last week.

Artgunner

The 15 minutes waiting after working on dampers I guess was to let any ink dry that may be on cable connections at head. There should be some type of pad to absorb ink. This info was from a service tech. Makes since. I feel sure there may be many other ways to skin a cat but for what it's worth. Cheers!

Artgunner

I ordered the syringe from Advantage Sign Supply it is specific for all the fittings in the JV33.
No they are not working behind the machine if that's what you are asking. Everyrhing is accesable from in front of the machine.
I called a service tech because, the information I am getting isn't sufficient enough to carry on on my own to try to fix it. I am loosing time and money as the machine sits without any production going on another means I am making no money since Thursday last week.

I wished I had filmed the last visit from my tech while asking questions. He replaced head, docking station, a few dampers, and a valve. I still can't understand why Mimaki has so many problems with capping. Many thanks for the reply.

The last tech used some of the extra drain hose from pump as his connection under capping station. I have some hose but a shy bigger. Don't think I'm getting a good suction. I have a few dampers on order for 20.00 each from Fieldcenter here on forum.

mustafade

He still can't get a good seal. Seems like he is puzzled little.

He checked all the head nipples just to make sure no cracks on them, as well as all the dampers.

mustafade

The head is damaged.
I bought the printer used and printed a lots of stuff with it but come to find out the previous owner had a pretty major jam and bent the silver metal frame around the head which can't seal properly on capping station but it prints awesome luckily I printed this much with it.

Well, new head $2724,
travel time $70x4hrs,
$140/hr tech service charge so far he put 3.5 hrs plus hotel plus tomorrows hours.
Well, I'm glad he is here because I could not do what he is doing right now.
I don't like to spent $$$$ but I don't want to be down any further and I would be.

WrapperX

Holy CRAP - $2724 for a new print head?? Is that normal? What's different about the JV33 Head thats different from the other Mimaki Heads?? My goodness that's a kick in the crotch!

mustafade

Holy CRAP - $2724 for a new print head?? Is that normal? What's different about the JV33 Head thats different from the other Mimaki Heads?? My goodness that's a kick in the crotch!
Yes it is!
All color channels are built on a single frame as one head. One color goes out the whole head gets replaced unfortunately.
There are some people on eBay sell those heads but what I am hearing it is a risky business because it comes from China and they don't always stand behind their products.