• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magnet alternative for aluminum bodies

brdesign

I've been getting a lot of requests for magnets on Ford trucks. I searched past posts on the forum but checking to see if there are any new updates. I've tried the Firecling from Firesprint which works well but it can stretch when trying to remove it in the summer heat. I thought about adding a thick polycarb laminate to make it stiffer. I've used Glass Apeel on store windows but never tried it on a vehicle. Does anyone have any other materials that they have tried with good results?

ikarasu

Bigfish no longer deals in media... Gansdigital is getting out of the media business, everything is super cheap to buy right now though!

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
What?! Bigfish is out of it? Bummer! The microdot adhesive stuff he had might be a good magnet alternative. Can also get it from Halliday Digital Supply FWIW

ikarasu

Unless he's going out on his own...pretty sure he worked for gsns digital and they've been liquidating all their vinyls.

There are other idotmvendors. Neschen makes one and mactsc makes one as well

I've been getting a lot of requests for magnets on Ford trucks. I searched past posts on the forum but checking to see if there are any new updates. I've tried the Firecling from Firesprint which works well but it can stretch when trying to remove it in the summer heat. I thought about adding a thick polycarb laminate to make it stiffer. I've used Glass Apeel on store windows but never tried it on a vehicle. Does anyone have any other materials that they have tried with good results?
Glass Appeal works great. No adhesive and repositionable.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Too bad, Gans had good stuff, the only reason we didn't purchase thru them is that shippers almost always damaged the material.