• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maintenance Station?

dynawg

I am contemplating the purchase of a used Mutoh Prismjet. The seller says it needs a maintenance station.

My searches here mention cleaning stations, capping stations, maintenance stations, all kind of stations.....

Are these different words for the same thing? How difficult is the maintenance station to replace, and what kind of price range am I looking at to replace it?

Trying to get a ‘real’ tech out here to the edge of nowhere would probably cost more than the printer purchased new, so I’d be looking to attempt it myself.

Thanks!
Bob P.

schurms

A maintence station for mine is about $400, the maintence station consists of a capping station, pump and pump drive motor. They install pretty easy, the only trick is when you wire in new motor make sure printer is unplugged and make sure your wiring is correct.

Jackpine

I got one through Gregory, shipped by Mutoh next day for $325.00. But that was a while ago. all the parts in the maintenance station can be replaced individually. I had to get one because the pump leaked and "melted" the only non solvent gear in the maintenance that is not replaceable.