• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Make a graphic Stick

Drip Dry

We made a Fabricated Aluminum sign with a digital print on the face.
It was sent to another state. The customer says the print keeps lifting on one edge. I want to send him some type of glue, but not sure what. He was going to use crazy glue. I told him to put the brakes on until I could
find something more sutible.

Any Ideas

Thanks

MikePro

rubber cement and masking tape... mask anything it might spread on, apply cement, moosh down, wipe excess, and peel tape before the cement dries.
edited: also noted, its been a while since i've used the stuff, but the directions are on the bottle... i believe its a contact cement process involving applying a thin coat to both surfaces and letting it "gel" before "mooshing"... but still should be good to use in theory. (and cheap)

Drip Dry

I still say spray-on mounting adhesive...

I'm not sure that a spray glue in the hands of the customer is such a good idea.
I like the rubber cement or banner tape idea.

Anyone have any comments them. I'm thinking the banner tape would leave a line, but the cement could be messy or damage the print.

Mosh

+ on the super 77. You might ask a few more questions as to see if there is a reason it is lifting. Like was it hit or damged on install? Otherwise you need to think of your processes like.... Was this a full bleed print? Was the surface properly preped before install? You might fix one side only to have the rest come up next week.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While some of these ideas might work.... how old is this project ??

I can't believe you're actually contemplating sending a customer some glue or fixative and expecting them to fix your problem. Regardless of being out of state or whatever.... this is your failure and you should take the burden off the customer.....especially if they've already paid you..... and do this on your own dime. If the distance is too far, find someone nearby them and have them fix it.

At least be professional about this.

Almost any glue you use on the adhesive side of a vinyl print will break down the rest of the adhesive around where you apply it. C'mon.. think before you do some of these things to signs people paid good money to you for your services. At least give them a finished product.

Now, like someone said.... if there is vandalism or an accident took place that's different, but you haven't mentioned anything likr that, so I feel its product or application failure.

andy

How was this fabricated aluminium sign painted?

Vinyl should stick to painted aluminium like $hit to a blanket. If it's not doing so then I'd be worried about a duff paint job.... if you don't use the right primers you can peel paint of mill finish aluminium in sheets.