• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making countour of .jpeg/bitmap???

signage

There are several way to do that in corel depends on the image and what part you want!

Photopaint cutout-lab, select the back ground and mask, draw powerclip to name a few!

J Hill Designs

draw the outside part of the shield in the above example in coreldraw - select the image, go to effects -> powerclip -> place object in container. Select the previously drawn outline and voila

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
draw the outside part of the shield in the above example in coreldraw - select the image, go to effects -> powerclip -> place object in container. Select the previously drawn outline and voila

I don't think they want to draw it, the author wants a one or multiple step process to do this without having to draw it in vector

J Hill Designs

nah he wants to clip the raster image and place it over other stuff...he will have to draw the outline and powerclip, or do the knockout/alphachannel thing in photoshop

J Hill Designs

Thanks again for your help everyone. And I don't want to come across 'wrong' here...

I understand how to trace the items and make it vector, but that is not what I am trying to do. Lets assume that I have a super high resolution .jpeg logo that all I want to do is crop the background out of in Corel, and place the now background-less .jpeg ontop of other vector objects/designs in corel, so that the ENTIRE THING can be printed in one pass, as one big piece of vinyl.

Hope that explained things better?

you can try bitmap color mask, but it's not as good as powerclipping with a drawn vector of the outside edge

signage

Jhill you do not need photoshop Photopaint will do that with its cutoutlab or the mask! If you have coreldraw opened and place the image in it you can do the editing from coreldraw by choosing edit bitmap!

signage

If you use Corel it would be in your best interest to learn photopaint, it works hand in hand with draw! You can also do a lot of the bitmap editing directly in draw!

J Hill Designs

mostly (99%) vectors here...I try to mess around with it, but can do same things (along with import/export and back in draw) faster in photoshop if needed...it's just my preference, as I have been using it for a good 10-12 years now

54warrior

:U Rock::U Rock::U Rock::U Rock:

:thankyou::thankyou:

This is EXACTLY what I needed. Who woulda thought it was this simple, LOL!!!

Jackpine

As jhilldesigns said, clip the raster image and place it over other stuff...he will have to draw the outline and powerclip.
I do this all the time in X3.

Malkin

I'm glad that you found a working solution.

In case it helps, I believe you can make tiff's, psd's, png's, & probably others with transparent backgrounds, but a straight up jpg cannot.