• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Manual cold laminator

Pideas

I'm looking for a cold laminator that can help me do one-offs. I currently have a 60" Royal Sovereign laminator but I don't want to have to switch out the rolls when I have a one-off type job.

Does anyone have any feedback on a manual cold laminator like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39-Manual-...742836&hash=item1a25b7b9b3:g:YHsAAOSwhuRfBTC5

I have tried doing it by hand using the Big Squeegee but it doesn't give me a nice clean adhesion. I often times see silvering on the finished product. I normally print onto self adhesive vinyl, laminate and then mount to foam board.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
i had one of those to do some tests with. except mine was 1300mm.
The quality is very shit. the rollers aren't very sturdy.
But at a light pressure it'll do the job.
i ended up building a table laminator out of the rollers but the rollers suck as previously mentioned.

IT may do the job you need but don't expect much at all.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i bought one of those years ago, never used it

you might be better off, watching ebay or craigslist & grabbing a used daige

Pideas

Thanks for the input. I figure I would "get what I paid for," but thought maybe the small investment would be worth it.

Does anyone try laminating by hand with a squeegee? We've tried laminating with the Big Squeegee using our normal gloss laminate (same material as what we would use with our Royal Sovereign laminator), but never got the quality we wanted. Is there another laminate that might work better using laminating by hand?

Lasermike

I'm looking for a cold laminator that can help me do one-offs. I currently have a 60" Royal Sovereign laminator but I don't want to have to switch out the rolls when I have a one-off type job.

Does anyone have any feedback on a manual cold laminator like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39-Manual-...742836&hash=item1a25b7b9b3:g:YHsAAOSwhuRfBTC5

I have tried doing it by hand using the Big Squeegee but it doesn't give me a nice clean adhesion. I often times see silvering on the finished product. I normally print onto self adhesive vinyl, laminate and then mount to foam board.

You might look at the Coda brand of laminators.
They've been around for decades and make a quality product.
http://www.codamount.com/laminators

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I used one of those laminators for awhile and it worked fine. You have to get the pressure relatively equal on each side is all but that's easy. I would get each side to where they started to get tension and then turn both knobs at the same time about another turn or so. It was helpful to have someone else turn the crank while you pulled the backing but it can be done with 1 person too.