• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Manufacturing or Retail

MariaMartini

I am filling out my tax permit form.

Am I am retail or manufacturing business?

I just do cut vinyl and I outsource printed.

:U Rock:

Checkers

I would lean towards retail, but you may want to consult with your insurance agent before you decide. Depending on what you choose, you may be eligible for government programs offered to manufacturers, However, you may be taking on more liability by declaring yourself either or.

Checkers

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
A manufacturer can make several variations to the product in order to give customers a choice.

Mc Donalds tried to qualify as a manufacturer but was turned down because the customer could order variations as they are produced. In other words, the customer is able to order custom made product.

If you make signs as a customized product you are a retailer. If you make signs to be distributed without modifications, you are a manufacturer.

MariaMartini

Thanks! Yeah, I sent it in as a retailer. Only because they wanted a lot of extra information to be listed as a manufacturer.