• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marathon Logo

stephenj148

Here's a logo I'm working on for a marathon. Theres a competition on campus and the winner receives $1000 scholarship. If I don't win, it would still be nice to have a good logo in my portfolio.

It is for the Clarence Demar Marathon in NH. Because it is a competition, the guidelines were vague, but they wanted something that would distinguish running and/or the city of Keene and surrounding areas. The due date is tomorrow evening, so I'm looking for some last minute critiques in hopes of a good piece, and possibly a winning logo.

Thanks!

edit*** I'm not a huge fan of the circle lockup, can't figure out how to make it work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-30 at 11.20.59 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-11-30 at 11.20.59 AM.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2011-11-30 at 11.21.25 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-11-30 at 11.21.25 AM.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 117

Marlene

I'm not seeing Keene NH in your logo and not sure why you have a bare foot with one orange toe.

stephenj148

I'm not seeing Keene NH in your logo and not sure why you have a bare foot with one orange toe.

I was going with the running idea on that one,

Maybe it needs to be more visible, but the "orange toe" is supposed to be the head of the runner which is made up of the outline of the barefoot. Kind of abstract.

Marlene

Maybe it needs to be more visible, but the "orange toe" is supposed to be the head of the runner which is made up of the outline of the barefoot. Kind of abstract.

really bad idea as it needs to be explained. also, when I think running, I sure don't think barefoot. have you been to Keene or done any research on the area? right off without doing any research at all, I know they hold the world's record for the most lighted pumpkins which is pretty well known. I would take some time and find some ideas of thigns that might suggest Keene and the areas around it and then work in an actual running image, not bare feet.

stephenj148

really bad idea as it needs to be explained. also, when I think running, I sure don't think barefoot. have you been to Keene or done any research on the area? right off without doing any research at all, I know they hold the world's record for the most lighted pumpkins which is pretty well known. I would take some time and find some ideas of thigns that might suggest Keene and the areas around it and then work in an actual running image, not bare feet.

Well I go to Keene State College, so yeah HAHA I've been to Keene a few times ;)

I'll do some more sketching and bring in some Keene representation

Marlene

Well I go to Keene State College, so yeah HAHA I've been to Keene a few times ;)

I'll do some more sketching and bring in some Keene representation

then you should have some pretty good ideas of what would represent the area.

stephenj148

Okay, so the previous images that I've posted were selected among the top 4. Now I have more to work on, they're looking for something that when seen, will say Clarence DeMar, or represent the area, while including "marathon". I've done my research, I've read up on him, but still for the life of me cannot come up with designs. I've sketched, done mind maps and still nothing...

I'm very very much so in the novice category of concepting and I get so frustrated that I cannot come up with ideas. Its so hard..

heres what I have.

Entries are due friday

P.S. I'm not looking for the easy way out by hoping that someone posts something for a good idea. But maybe some better concept ideas. Or ways that I could try to come up with better ideas....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 1.28.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 1.28.34 PM.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 124