• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

marble vinyl?

tbullo

Superunknown
Does anyone know if this is marble vinyl or something else? It is on some 1/8 th aluminum.

Attachments

• 0111141520a-1.jpg
    0111141520a-1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 142

TammieH

i think it's corian that has been engraved & paint filled

+ 1 or similar

Looks like a counter top laminate that has been routed out and backed up.

I doubt that its Romark, its not thick enough and does not hold up outside well

its possible that it is also printed granite vinyl

But I have been known to be wrong before... LOL

CES020

That's a panel from Alpolic. I have about a 5' x 10' piece here. I have a sample of it in my lobby. I'll take a photo and post it when I get a chance. Amazing product. It'll last 20 years outside with little to no fading at all. It really is beautiful and the stuff seems to last forever.

tbullo

Superunknown
A picture would be great. I should have mentioned that the signs are 48''x 105''. It appeared to be something applied to metal, but thicker than vinyl. The marble looks nice and is really glossy.

tbullo

Superunknown
That looks like it. Do you have a source for that material you could send me?
Thanks for all the replies.

letterman7

I wondered what that stuff was. We've got several routed and backlit monument shopping center signs that have a granite look in my area.

CES020

That looks like it. Do you have a source for that material you could send me?
Thanks for all the replies.

It comes right from the factory. When we bought it, Mitsibishi was the seller. It's really expensive stuff and expensive to ship as well. The sheets are huge. I said 5', but they might even be 6' tall sheets about 15' long. I don't know the exact dimensions, but I know it was the biggest sheet we ever bought. The shipping alone was $600 for 1 sheet so we opted to take a trailer to the plant about 80 miles away and pick it up.

Search for Alpolic composite sheet and you should find it. They have some amazing panels that look incredible. Some look like real wood. I don't know if it's true, but I was told the finish is actually paint, which is why it holds up so well. I just know someone drove a car into a sign that had been up close to 20 years and we were asked to repair the sign. We made a new panel for it and installed it. It butted up against the panels that has been there for 20 years and you couldn't tell the difference. That panel has been in direct sunlight for 20 years. It's really a super amazing product and I've never seen anything else like it.

Once you find them, you can request swatches for various colors and they'll send them out.

Found the link, here's the link to the stone finishes : http://alpolic-usa.com/samples/?sample_finish=49

CES020

Thanks for the info. Just looked it up and I'm only 25 minutes from the location.

Oh, didn't realize your location! Yes, that's where we got it! It's like an old military base. Tight security as well.

I think it was about $700-800 per sheet about 4-5 years ago.