• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marquee signs

Hi Does anyone know where to get custom size message board sign. like the kind you can change the letters out.

needs to be about 24" high x 75" wide

Thanks
Wayne

bannertime

Nglantz.

You can glue them but I prefer rivits

Really? We've never liked the rivets for the tracks, I remember it getting all wavy. I haven't done one of those in about 10 years, but I clearly remember using silicone on the last one. Odd memory, but I can still remember the smell of drilling the holes in that stuff when we used rivets.

Really? We've never liked the rivets for the tracks, I remember it getting all wavy. I haven't done one of those in about 10 years, but I clearly remember using silicone on the last one. Odd memory, but I can still remember the smell of drilling the holes in that stuff when we used rivets.

yea I think theyre ulgy too but whats everyone using instead these days? its for a restaurant sign and they want to show what bands are playing

bannertime

yea I think theyre ulgy too but whats everyone using instead these days? its for a restaurant sign and they want to show what bands are playing

It's still the cheapest/best way to do changeable messages. We just haven't had a customer ask about it and we don't try to sell it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well, the reason I did rivets (and I've only I done like two of these in the last 3 years) my last one when I used glue the tracks came off so that's why I did the rivets.

Wesley Powell

Account Rep
I just did a couple of these actually last week. We got the tracks from Gemini and used rivets every 6". There was a lot of man hours that went into it so make sure you account for that when quoting the job.

rjssigns

Last ones I did were years ago and I used rivets. One was adding track to an existing sign the other was a new panel. I tried using the glue, but the fumes were horrible even with the doors open.

Somewhere in the shop I think I have a tube full of tracks and boxes of rivets...

2B

agree, they are easy to make and whoever you use for rigid / substrate material will have the tracks and letters if needed.
Grimco
N Glantz
Reece

we have tried Glue, VHB Tape, and Rivets. the rivets are the only ones we have not had an issue with of failing

NOTE: make sure you have the correct spacing for the letter, and depending on the type of letter will change the spacing needed.