• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master 300p Problem....help!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thanks to the people that have ideas, on how to fix my problem, like i said in my first post i know about how "cheap" my cutter is, but i had wanted the "american dream" of owning a small sign shop, and this is just my start. I know many of you have had nothing but the best and have never had a problem with your equipment (right)! LOL... and i see people asking questions about their Roland or any other good cutter, and i don't see people telling them to through theirs away. All i'm asking is please don't tell me how much of a POS i have, but help me and others if you have info. on that. Some day soon, i would really like to upgrade, but untill i find one i can afford (let me know if you have one) i have to get this one working, so thanks to all, for even looking at my post and to the others that had some helpful advise. If anyone else has other ideas please let us all know.. Thanks:thankyou:

Well then perhaps some feedback would be in order. Did you try the suggestions made by myself and others? Did you email the vendor and get a reply? Did you do a search here for other issues with the Master plotter?

Is the description given by Scubadog what is happening? Or perhaps one of my suggestions?

toddmn

I see your from Minnesota according to your profile. If you are in the twin cities area you are more then welcome to stop over and see if we can sort it out. I could even run your design file though my 380p using your vinyl of course :Cool 2: to see if its something softwear related. I have had zero problems with mine. What program are you using to cut with by chance?

Im not going to preach about master this master that. I consider it a niche cutter and it works for some peoples business plans ok. Myself included in that. 90% of them sold are to total vinyl newbs and thats half the problem with the postings. If that 90% had Rolands you would probaly see just as many posts, except they would brand the person stupid, instead of the plotter. (Just my 2 cents):Big Laugh

Again if you would like any help, fire me a pm, thats what this forum is supposed to be about.

Techman

I have not had any trouble getting support for my Master. I send an e-mail and within 30 minutes I have the answer. 99% of the time it solves it. If not I send another e-mail and they get the right information and solve the problem.

My big complaint is when someone takes the time to as a question about the equipment that they have and the only thing some have to say is "don't buy a piece of crap and you will not have the problem.

That is the real problem isn't it. You had to email tech suport several times to get something fixed. The very fact you had to email tech supprt in the first place is telling. And then, some user never gets a real answer from the company so they come to a support board looking for help.

ITs so frustrating to observe someone suffer through problems for no reason other than bad customer support. I don't like it when a company uses boards like this to shift their tech support expenses away from themselves and onto user. That is exactly how they operate and sell CHEAP. They RIP off their customers, they RIP off users and they RIP off members of boards like this.

Quit buying low end machines. Buy good name brand machines. Get them used if you must. I watch on ebay as name brand cutters go for low prices all the time. I observed a 30" anagraph go for 200. I observed a 24" anagraph go for 600. I watch Rolands go for some real bargain prices all the time. Any one of these machines USED is better than all of the Chinese low end machines NEW. Users get LURED in by the cheap software given with those low end no name cutters.

Open your Cheapo cutter and look at the HOT GLUE they used to assemble it and then ask me why people are giving the answer they do.

tzn_motorsports

Where, in my post, did you get the idea that their tech support was anything but great. The only reason that I had to e-mail them more then once was MY inability to accuratly describe the problem. NOT THEIR FAULT.

Brad

Tried all ideas

We have tried all of the ideas so far posted here (except the using it for a boat anchor idea, the lakes are frozen here in Minnesota..LOL)! I will email or call the company again in the morning and see if they have any other ideas. The company has been very good with answering most all of my questions before. Thanks again

still have problems

Thanks for asking, but no, it still has a problem and now the digital screen goes blank every once and a while (shut off the cutter and turn it back on and screen comes back). We have been getting emails and calls from the company on other ideas, but i think i'm going to look at getting the warrenty info. out and send it in. I think i want to get a graphtec ce3000mk2 and then make my master into a back up after it is fixed. Thanks:thumb: