• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master Plotter XY300P Using SignGo Problems....

michaelj7

I am using a Master Plotter XY300P.
In the past I used the program that came with the plotter, I think it was PCSign. Then I purchased SignGo FD, because PC Sign wouldn't work with the anything after windows vista. I rarely used the plotter and didn't have too many issues. Now we started to use it with Windows 7.
Now, when we cut often it cuts fine, Then all of a sudden the head will just cut a line across the vinyl. Or sometimes, the head won't lift up upon returning home and cut a line through everything on its return home. Then other times the head will just run straight across and slam the plotter (cutting the vinyl) and bang against the far wall. At first I thought this was due to a serial to USB adapter for my serial cable, so I installed a serial card and seem to still be having similar problems. I am going nuts, now that we are starting tpo get a couple of jobs using a plotter again. We are not getting so many as to really warrant going out and buying a new plotter yet (however we hope this happens soon so that we can buy a new plotter). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here is an example. (Red line is the messup)
The first one is what the plotter was doing before. after cutting the box it wouldn't lift and cut through the rest of the vinyl.

The second is what I am getting today. checked all connections and settings. The red line starts at the a and continues. I stopped the cut at this point, that is why there it ends where it does.

attachment.php

For better understanding, here are all the setup files for both the serial port and SignGo:

attachment.php

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 767
  • SignGoSettings.jpg
    SignGoSettings.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 635

Techman

That cutter was famous for static attacks.. Static electricity builds up and causes the cache to go random.

michaelj7

Well, I took out the box around the lettering and tried using the weeding option. This sort of worked, When it was cutting the weed box it was slitting the paper, Then on the 4th try, it didn't lift the blade, but this wasn't too bad as the end of the box was next to home, and the blade didn't cut any lettering.

Then I tried with no box or weed box around the lettering. This worked for the rest of the job. Only thing was that I would cut one at a time (as I didn't want to risk cutting too many and the machine screwing everything up) I ordered a new serial wire and USB adapter from Master Warehouse. I am hoping that this helps, as I have an original OEM serial wire hooked upto a PCI serial adapter card. I am trying to hold off on a new plotter as we are hoping to get enough work to buy our own 60" eco-solvent printer and a compatable 72" plotter. I was figuring that I could get a better deal if I bought them together. I remember one of the manufacturers actually gave a steep discount to the plotters when you bought a printer.

So if anyone has any ideas on what will help keep this Master XY300P Plotter going let me know. It seems to operate fine except for the random diagonal cut through lines. I was even thinking of trying to build an old Win XP machine thinking this might help. I often wonder if Windows 7 64bit is the problem?

luehrslogistics

I had the XY540P a few years back with the same problem. It's static related. Search google for and you will find some software settings and how to reduce the static and improve the grounding. The silver bullet seems to be setting the curve setting (or something like that?) to medium or low. This was in Flexi, but if you can do that in SignGo I would expect the random diagonal lines will go away for good.

enioantonio

A friend of mine had this problem with a cut plotter. We made a ground with a wire at the base of the cut plotter and another on the floor. Solved the problem.

BryWY

desay master problems

The problem with some of the desay plotters is that they have a proprietary cable ---you cannot just buy it anywhere hard to find anyone who sells it I struggled with this for 4 days and nights finnaly got it resolved email me byablons@gmail.com

BryWY

Well, I took out the box around the lettering and tried using the weeding option. This sort of worked, When it was cutting the weed box it was slitting the paper, Then on the 4th try, it didn't lift the blade, but this wasn't too bad as the end of the box was next to home, and the blade didn't cut any lettering.

Then I tried with no box or weed box around the lettering. This worked for the rest of the job. Only thing was that I would cut one at a time (as I didn't want to risk cutting too many and the machine screwing everything up) I ordered a new serial wire and USB adapter from Master Warehouse. I am hoping that this helps, as I have an original OEM serial wire hooked upto a PCI serial adapter card. I am trying to hold off on a new plotter as we are hoping to get enough work to buy our own 60" eco-solvent printer and a compatable 72" plotter. I was figuring that I could get a better deal if I bought them together. I remember one of the manufacturers actually gave a steep discount to the plotters when you bought a printer.

So if anyone has any ideas on what will help keep this Master XY300P Plotter going let me know. It seems to operate fine except for the random diagonal cut through lines. I was even thinking of trying to build an old Win XP machine thinking this might help. I often wonder if Windows 7 64bit is the problem?

Where can I get a master plotter serial cable?