• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master XY380

Debrun

Just purchased a second hand plotter/cutter. Just wondering if anyone can help with setup issue. Connected via a parallel cable. When I press send in FlexiSign to send text to cutter, screen on cutter indicates that it is receiving data then that it is cutting. FlexiSign shows progress 0%..100% but nothing actually prints / plots.

Would appreciate any help.

lbumbaca

check settings on flexi that its on the right port. mine did the same thing also check i think the site is www.master.com or www.dcsign.com they might be able to help you also as for my first master cutter it would have amind of its own and start to cut xxxx all over my jobs now today i have a cammpro1 cx300 and love it make some money with the master and then sell it and get a used roland lots out their and worth every penny also i had big problems tracking with the master might be that i was new to cuting. good luck :glasses:

Debrun

Thanks for replying - I am new to forum and first thing I have learned is that the Master cutter is cheap but not very cheerful. Having said that the guy I bought it off reckoned it to be pretty okay and certainly the signs he said he did with it were good. He could not locate the manual though, not that it would necessarily help. I have checked the settings in Flexi and tried all sorts of combinations but without success.

cOrKinSA

Are you using the same parallel cable that came with the cutter? It will NOT let you cut with a third party cable connected to it.

lbumbaca

something else they do sell a usb to parallel cable they work well that might help i hope let get it going so you can make some money anyone else been a while since i set a master up looking to see if i have any thing around about it

cOrKinSA

something else they do sell a usb to parallel cable they work well that might help i hope let get it going so you can make some money anyone else been a while since i set a master up looking to see if i have any thing around about it
I am truly sorry for saying this, but here are some "............". Put them in there so I can better understand what you are meaning. If you need more just let me know.

49hd

Call desay, or email them, you will need to buy their parallel cable. It must have a transition to it or something. After fighting the plotter for about a week I bought the cable and everything has worked fine since.

Debrun

hi,
Cheers everyone thank you for the advice. You are all saying same thing which I was thinking myself - the cable. I am trying to get hold of the guy that sold me the plotter - if not will buy a cable from Desay. I have been to their website and seen the various cables.

Thanks again