• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material choice for window stickers?

dirttoo

I am wanting a lower cost material for printed window decals such as race car numbers, soccer teams and similar. I did some on material that I had (Oracal 3651) and they were a pain to put on without them flopping and tunneling/stretching. I assume I need something thicker? What do you all use? Thanks in advance.

ExecuPrintGS

i would use 3651 and put transfer tape on them, would keep them stiff enough for easy install by nearly anyone.

dirttoo

I don't want to have to use transfer tape on give-away decals. I have tried laminating the 3651 but didn't seem to add much rigidity. Any suggestions in the 4.5 ml. and up. range?

InstantOneMedia

This is a perfect application for our No-Bubble Vinyl. Comparable to 3651/IJ35 C. $130 a roll. Check out our website for a free sample.

alive90

Any inkjet vinyl with ink on it will have this issue without laminating it. 3651 is 2.5 mil + almost any lam will be 2-3 mil..that puts you at your 4.5 mil. I find nearly any print vinyl + the lam is nice and thick to install and no need for mask on top of that unless you are contour cutting shapes or letters that need mask just to hold it together. I used to try to cut costs by not laminating...just ended up spending more time on the job or ruining things...there went the cost savings.

dirttoo

with all of the race car parts I buy there is an included product sticker. This sticker is always quite a bit thicker than any of my material. I jus want something similar.

fresh

General Formulations 223 or 222 is a 6 mil vinyl that does not need to be laminated to keep its rigidity and its got an AWESOME price point.

rjssigns

We use a Kapco laminate(gloss) that is 3.7mils over 4mil calendared for industrial labels. Fairly rigid combo and looks great.

Kapco was the only maufacturer that gave me the chemical resistance to meet spec.

It was fun talking to the other mfg's as they were stumped. Most responses were: Huh? What? or "Never tested any of our products for that".