• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

material or printer?

petepaz

printing these banners (10 )
and i have gotten a few defects but just wondering if it might be bad spots in the material or just a print error
it just looked like it might have soaked in tho the material this way, didn't look like a spray from the heads

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 77
  • banner-1.jpg
    banner-1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 54

artbot

looks like ink printing on top of adhesive. if it was ink (which it might be) there should be more of a doubling or tripling of density plus the back wash effect. it's hard to tell. to you see any of these marks in the margins?

petepaz

i thought it looked like the material might be contaminated in some way. this happened 3 times on the same roll and all 3 times it was far enough in that it wasn't anything i did
( i will save it and show my vender...as if that will do anything..haha)

artbot

it helps if you have competing vendors a few miles apart. here in houston the vendors do anything to keep your business.

Sticky Signs

Defect in the coating. Today I got squashed fruit fly in my roll of banner material. I love getting squished bugs in my stuff!

petepaz

sweet gotta love the bugs, no extra charge i hope..haha
i finally got the job done but i still had 4 rejected pieces not the full banners but all in all i lost about 20ft of banner so they better give me something off