• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

max light on seal plus image 62 keeps blinking

highway85

Hi

Problem with my laminator seal plus image 62.

the max light doesn't want to stop blinking.

is there any way to reset the laminator? I've already unplugged it, checked fuses, checked switches, checked emergency stop buttons, removed lam and butcher paper, lifted and lowered feeding deck, and no luck.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Marcel

Paddi

Did you fix it?

Hi

Problem with my laminator seal plus image 62.

the max light doesn't want to stop blinking.

is there any way to reset the laminator? I've already unplugged it, checked fuses, checked switches, checked emergency stop buttons, removed lam and butcher paper, lifted and lowered feeding deck, and no luck.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

I am currently having the exact same problem with my image 62 plus. I presume you managed to fix yours. What was the problem so I can check to see if my machine is the same?

Digiprint

your max light.
look at your substrate settings for pressure and turn it down.
Machine operated with preset buttons only. Infact material still in machine, and there is now way of raising roller. I think it is more a heat issue, as today used heater for first time in ages. I am seeing if a few hours cool down will help, so far no though

papabud

Lone Wolf
your max light should be related to pressure. are you running something thick through it, that will effect pressure.
on your control pad you will or should see in the upper left corner an up and down arrow. those are to raise and lower the top roller.
if you raise the roller does your light go off?
are you using the correct setting for your substrate/material?

dypinc

I have looked at the manual and I don't see any reference to a max light. The only blink lights that we have on our Seal 6100 ultra are when the light beams in front or behind the rollers are blocked. Is this what you are referring to.

Digiprint

I have looked at the manual and I don't see any reference to a max light. The only blink lights that we have on our Seal 6100 ultra are when the light beams in front or behind the rollers are blocked. Is this what you are referring to.
your max light should be related to pressure. are you running something thick through it, that will effect pressure.
on your control pad you will or should see in the upper left corner an up and down arrow. those are to raise and lower the top roller.
if you raise the roller does your light go off?
are you using the correct setting for your substrate/material?
The problem is a fault, and not something that I am or not doing. The machine stopped half way through a job, and now i cant raise roller, or turn rollers. The only life i'm getting, is a bleeping sound if I use the foot pedal.
I cant imagine its the motherboard, but wondering if its to do with overheating, as today was the first time I used the heated roller in years.

papabud

Lone Wolf
it shouldn't be getting hot enough to cause you issues.
but the problem your describing now is not the same issue you started with.
what it sounds like now is your electric sensor eye is being triggered. this is a safety sensor that keeps your hands from being crushed.
look along the front of your rollers for anything blocking this light path. it should be a red beam that goes from left to right along the front of your rollers
look at your sensor to see if its dirty. it could of fell out of alignment also. that happens on my machine now and then,
the light beam got triggered and it put a stop on your machine. the foot pedal over rides this to let you crawl past what ever is the issue some times.

Digiprint

it shouldn't be getting hot enough to cause you issues.
but the problem your describing now is not the same issue you started with.
what it sounds like now is your electric sensor eye is being triggered. this is a safety sensor that keeps your hands from being crushed.
look along the front of your rollers for anything blocking this light path. it should be a red beam that goes from left to right along the front of your rollers
look at your sensor to see if its dirty. it could of fell out of alignment also. that happens on my machine now and then,
the light beam got triggered and it put a stop on your machine. the foot pedal over rides this to let you crawl past what ever is the issue some times.
If the sensor was triggered, then the roller would lift, at least thats how it normally was. But there is nothing I can do to raise the roller. Infact I still have a job in the machine and can't remove it. I was laminating vinyl at the time, and no substrate

dypinc

Are saying that hitting the emergency stop button will not raise the roller? Machine does not appear to use air, so what mechanism does it use to raise and lower roller?

Does sound like a breaker tripped or fuse blown. No strange smells when it stopped?

Digiprint

Are saying that hitting the emergency stop button will not raise the roller? Machine does not appear to use air, so what mechanism does it use to raise and lower roller?

Does sound like a breaker tripped or fuse blown. No strange smells when it stopped?
correct, emergency stops have no effect. it is mechanically driven. I checked the breakers, and tomorrow will check the fuses, if there are any

Yano Mia

correct, emergency stops have no effect. it is mechanically driven. I checked the breakers, and tomorrow will check the fuses, if there are any

Hello,

I came across your post with your Seal laminator error and I am experiencing the same issue. Stopped half way into a print and now no other function is allowed. The control panel has other lights that are on constantly. Was wondering if your panel did the same thing and/or if you were able to fix your issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached is an image of how it currently displays.

Thanks,
Yano

Attachments

• 20171106_160635.jpg
    20171106_160635.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 404

tonyconner20

Production Manager
For those that have this issue in the future, my problem is exactly what OP describes. I was running a roll, my laminate ran out, when the laminator was untaping the last bit of laminate from the core(it ran out). The laminator stopped. Nothing would happen except a beep when I press the foot pedal. The light above max was flashing.

I was lucky to have some experience with machines and being the one to witness the machine fault.

The fuse blew when the roller motor overloaded from pulling the laminate off the core.

The fuses are glass tube fuses located on the board in black tube fuse holders. My motor fuse was a F2AL250V.
I have ordered one from Amazon.

I will confirm this fixes the problem, but I’m 99% certain it will at the moment.