• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maybe a Roland Expert can help me

EbsWeb5150

• Ok have about 3" in front of the print and about 3.5" in after the print
• Print is set-up to print in the middle of the vinyl.
• I have print cut align marks checked in Versaworks
• Has to be sheet-cut to run in the laminator
• Reload back in VP 540. iT NEVER PROPERLY READS the print cut align marks, so I tried to set the BasePoint Align Points 123, but after I did that
it stayed on the 3rd align point and I went back to the rip set it to cut but the Roland did not go back to the basepoint it stayed on the 3rd align point
and the sheet just rolled off the Roland and on to the floor.

So after I set all the align points, How do I go back to the first basepoint I set without resetting the Basepoint AND losing my align points

stumped. Just want to see this cut feature work afte a print has been laminated

Mosh

Try running more out before cutting it off to go to the lam.
Is the front mark sitting about to the middle of the media clamp? But not under it.

amw

Longtime Members
Try feeding a few inches of vinyl out before sheet cutting it.
When you put it back to cut...on your print the mark with the "box" next to it is the front right corner (when you look at the printer). It should be lined up at about the middle of the media clamp. (ours has little dots on them to show you where).

Hopefully that helps some.

Thanks,
Marsha

Bigdawg

Just Me
• Ok have about 3" in front of the print and about 3.5" in after the print
• Print is set-up to print in the middle of the vinyl.
• I have print cut align marks checked in Versaworks
• Has to be sheet-cut to run in the laminator
• Reload back in VP 540. iT NEVER PROPERLY READS the print cut align marks, so I tried to set the BasePoint Align Points 123, but after I did that
it stayed on the 3rd align point and I went back to the rip set it to cut but the Roland did not go back to the basepoint it stayed on the 3rd align point
and the sheet just rolled off the Roland and on to the floor.

So after I set all the align points, How do I go back to the first basepoint I set without resetting the Basepoint AND losing my align points

stumped. Just want to see this cut feature work afte a print has been laminated

Never ever do that on the VP 540, let it position to the side... for whatever reason when I center a print-laminate-cut job on the material, it's a crapshoot as to whether the roland will find all the marks.

Also make sure you have the EXACT same width for material entered that you did when you printed it. I use a standard 52" so i don't forget.

EbsWeb5150

Anyways the Versa works book

says to have 3" in front and 3.5" back after a sheet cut.
Maybe centering my print is one variable. But after you have set the Basepoint, Align1, Align2, & Align3. Is the blade supposed to stay
at Align Point3 or is there a way to return it to the Basepoint position?
Still Stumped.
The user manual is not that helpful on this part.

LittleSnakey

The biggest variable with this is wheater you "poll the printer" for media width between print and cut cause then the center can change.

Never ever do that on the VP 540, let it position to the side... for whatever reason when I center a print-laminate-cut job on the material, it's a crapshoot as to whether the roland will find all the marks.

Also make sure you have the EXACT same width for material entered that you did when you printed it. I use a standard 52" so i don't forget.

EbsWeb5150

I dont know what u mean by

poll the printer after I set all my align marks I went back into VersaWorks and clicked on Get Media.

Bigdawg

Just Me
poll the printer after I set all my align marks I went back into VersaWorks and clicked on Get Media.

there's your problem...

in Versaworks where you have your media settings, when you click on the "get media width" if it isn't exactly the same as when you printed, you aren't going to be able to get those marks to work... that's why I set mine to a standard 52" so those times I space out and change it... I know what to go back to in order to make it work.

never, ever hit the get media width when cutting a job you previously printed, just change it over to cut only and leave everything else alone.

amw

Longtime Members
if you havent changed the rollers position then ...

Print something with reg marks...when done feed out a few extra inches.
Then laminate the print as usual...then reload the vinyl just as it came out (the reg mark with the dot and box in the front). manualy "push the vinyl back till the reg marks are in the center of the media clamps...the rest of the vinyl should be hanging off the back of the printer.
Now in versaworks...change your file to cut only....and change nothing else. now click "print" and the printer will look for the marks and should find them... then return to the front and start cutting.

Thanks,
Marsha

Roland Support

Try again without using Center to media. If you use center to media it will throw off the positioning of the crop marks. Also do not get media width after you reload the media. Try these two things and it should work.

Gene@mpls

I actually have diamonds that I align the media rollers one for 30"
and 54" positions so that I get them the same each time. Haven't
had any problems. Gene