• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Measuring

kylebrk

How do you guys measure? Good old tape measure? Some slick program? What? We are doing okay with our system but it's labor intensive and is prone to human error. Ideas? Thanks!

J Hill Designs

measure something. draw box in design program sized to that something. scale that box to the known size of that box.

edit: i dont know how to scale in illy, but in corel you double click the ruler then hit scale, then type in size of box (say 2.542 inches) = known size of box (say 35.5 inches) then the document is now scaled correctly

401Graphics

measure something. draw box in design program sized to that something. scale that box to the known size of that box.

edit: i dont know how to scale in illy, but in corel you double click the ruler then hit scale, then type in size of box (say 2.542 inches) = known size of box (say 35.5 inches) then the document is now scaled correctly
+1
Also take actual measurements of what your wrapping to make sure everything is as it should be in your scaled version.

rjssigns

Sticky Yard is decent. Although I will take a picture and measure something I can scale in Illustrator. For vehicles I measure a rim.