• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MEssage about VISTA

Techman

January 25, 2007 (Computerworld) -- Unless you've recently emerged from a coma, you know the consumer versions of Microsoft's new Vista operating system ship Tuesday. Over the next few weeks, NBA star LeBron James will try to convince you to move to Windows Vista as part of Microsoft's massive ad campaign.

This column is not a review of Windows Vista. I'm not here to tell you what's great about Vista or what's wrong with it.

This article is for those of you who are about to download or purchase Windows Vista and install it on a PC. I'm here to talk you out of it. Just say no to LeBron James and Windows Vista -- for now. Here's why.

http://www.computerworld.com/action...ewArticleBasic&articleId=9009124&pageNumber=1

Ken

Ya ..well I'd say no to a new user interface..XP is good enough. There is nothing really new..which is surprising...MSFT shares will be South real soon.
Ken

Ken

It's just nuts that MSFT would release this. If I owned shares in the company , I would short-sale it NOW. I'm thinking this is the beginning of the end for Microsoft.
Hard to say who could take over the reigns..Linux Corp?
Ken

Replicator

There's never been a great Microsoft operating system that didn't have

bugs and flaws, but where would we be without it . . .

I'll stick to XP on my work computers and when I buy a new one I as well

as all of you will be forced to take Vista, unless you reformat and load XP !