• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Micro perforated adhesive front HELP!!!!

Hey Guys,

I have a client that requested a storefront to be wrapped with perf prints covering the entire window 4x9 (8 in total)

The company has a commission board that has to approve everything before its done and to make a long story short, there was a miscommunication on how the job was being applied. They want to apply it from the inside of the window (perf)

Since the job is already printed and cut to size for install is there some type of liquid or maybe a another way of applying this without having to waste money on buying more perf???

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
applying window perf on the inside of the window will defeat the purpose....you won't see the print on the outside of the window...

edit: starting to understand what you're looking for....my question: aside from the customer's request, why does it need to be applied to the inside? will the customer be covering the additional costs? if not, i'd explain to them what you quoted them for and what the additional costs are....

i'd add on that in my professional opinion it should be applied to the outside, and can't guarantee that application to the inside of the window won't fail....

total side note: what are you gonna do with the back of the window perf? how will you stop it from being sticky?

I've done it before with double sided lamination but I was wondering if there was a liquid or maybe a special technique on how to do it?

Letterbox Mike

Could someone tell me who the idiot that started telling all these cities that vinyl should be installed on the inside of the glass? Every single time we have to do a permit for window graphics they demand it goes on the inside, but they have absolutely no explanation why they want it that way. If you argue your case that the vinyl is manufactured to go on the exterior and installing it inside is against manufacturer's recommendations, will void the warranty, and in your case just plain will not work, they should let you install on the outside. If you show the city that their demands are unreasonable and against standard industry practices and against manufacturer's recommended practices they shouldn't have an issue.

insignia i agree with you 100% it's fkin!@# pathetic how all these storefront clients always request the same damn thing!!!!

in south beach where I have most of my clientel 90% of owners request to have the graphics inside because of city ordinances yet out of the 3-4 years I've been installing window graphics I have never encountered a problem with the city...

we should write a book

"Window Graphics for Idiots"

Do we have some writers to contribute?