• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mild solvent and insomnia

AUTO-FX

Any link established here? Cant sleep. After watching a documentary on the History channel on Marijuana ( made me want to go get a 3 finger lid haha ) i figured i may as well be productive so here i am printing a wrap in the middle of the night. Cant sleep. Drinkin a beer. Mild solvent ink fumes seem to be having a coffee-like effect !!! Woo Hoo !!!

AUTO-FX

well, it's 4 oclock here on the east coast. i think. Eastern daylight savings time junk. Pretty soon, i may as well put on the coffee pot...

AUTO-FX

last panel first side almost done. all is well! my printer is slow, but working as nice as ever. at this rate i wont be done until about 11 EDST .
do you use a drier? i've got this homemade I/R drier that sure makes it nice for handling these prints right off the printer.

iSign

no drier, but the Mimaki has full solvent inks & heaters blowing on the print as it rolls out... by the time it gets on the take up spool, it seems fine...

AUTO-FX

ok, makes sense. now, how about if your printer has a take up reel, and no heater? does that mean you have to slow down the print speed due to dry time ?