• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Million dollar question, font viewing/printing software

sullosau

Hey everyone,
Question thats probably been asked a zillion times,
what do you guys/gals use as a font viewer?
Only program I have lists p every fonton my system Im just trying to get it sorted to a smaller booklet I can make up to show "sample" fonts when I visit a new client,
any suggestions would be appreciated and I promise Ill leave you in my will. :)

Steve

Bigdawg

Just Me
Tia found this little freeware/shareware program called FontLister that we use. Cost is $5 if you want the full version.
http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2316-6076933.html
It prints any font on your computer whether it is loaded or not - which is great when you have tons of fonts but only a few loaded in your system. You just select the fonts you want to print from a list in the program (you tell it where to look for the fonts) and it prints a sample of only those fonts. You can even change the text. Great for showing what the customer's wording will look like in any particular font.
Now... about that will....:smile:

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
"The Font Thing" which was a free download I think from Letterheadfonts. It's good!

Also Bitstream's FontNav which comes with Corel but needs to be installed speciifically.

WVB

I use Bitstream as well. I believe Bitstream is no longer making this however, it was sold to someone else if I am not mistaken. Do a search online and you should find it.

gROUND cHUCK

Out of all the free viewers that I've tried, I like FontHit font tools the most.

http://software.fonthit.com/

You can view any .TTF or .OTF that is on you system or disk.
It doesn't view Adobe fonts though.

You direct it to the directory you want eg.(C:\WINDOWS\Fonts),
then it will show you a list of the font characters in that directory.

The character views that it has is:
The quick brown............
[font name] Aa Bb Ww Zz @ ?..........
Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff..............
Along with a character map underneath the font character list.
where you could zoom-in on each character individually.

The one thing I don't like is that I can't type in a word
and view it in the different fonts.

If anyone knows of a better "free" one, I would love to check it out.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'd really recommend the link I posted above. It is super easy to use. You can try it for 30 days and then it still runs, but keeps telling you to register it, but it's well worth the $5. (He takes paypal for payment) I like it much better than the Bitstream program - although it is very similiar. It will show your Adobe fonts with no problem too.

sullosau

Thanks so much everyone appreciate the advice, many thanks.
And Stacey J, I leave you my font collection! :)
Steve