• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-60ST USB-Serial connectivity issues

Dan77

Hi,

I have a Mimaki CG-60 ST plotter and have tried connecting it to both PC (using XP SP2 run on bootcamp) and Mac OS X 10.5.8 using a serial to 34mm Expresscard without success.

I've entered 'device manager' and 'printers and faxes' in XP and assigned the plotter to COM 2 with no results.. I've also set Finecut 7 to use COM 2. The 'printer' still appears offline. I'm also using the Mimaki Driver 1.2 downloaded from their webpage

Im running Illustrator CS3 and Finecut 7 and have received the following error messages when attempting to plot using Finecut 7:

"Cannot send data to plotter. Check whether the cable is connected correctly".

"Non-Mimaki plotter is connected. Finecut is able to output to mimaki plotter".

"An error has occurred. Error number 1".

Unfortunately this plotter only has a RS-232C DB25 serial and parallel output, so I'm wondering how other people might have overcome this problem using a USB - Serial adapter or otherwise, and what if any version of FineCut they have managed to get working..

Thanks in advance.. Any info, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

:) Dan

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
Any luck? i tried this with a 130 cutter. using one computer with a USB and the other with a DB25/usb plug. it worked