• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG160FX Help Needed

trickyh78

Hi there,
We have a Mimaki CG160FX plotter at the moment but are unable to get it to communicate with the host computer.

The machine appears to be in good working order, and was acquired during the buyout of another company.

So far we have been able to set up finecut 8 with illustrator connected the plotter via USB, and performed a connection test which came back as being correct.

The problem comes when asking the Mimaki to actually plot a file, we then get an error message along the lines of unable to send data to plotter, check communication settings.

I have even tried an earlier version of finecut but have had the same problem.

After trawling the web for answers i came accross this site where someone else seems to have had the same problem, and had it solved by another member, the answer seems to be in upgrading the firmware on the plotter from v2.0 to v3.0.

I have tried to contact that member but had no reply.

Does anybody on here know how i can go about performing/obtaining the upgrade as I have searched high and low but to no avail, there is no mention of it on the Mimaki website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tristan

trickyh78

Sorry, should have mentioned that the cutter is on the remote setting.

We have followed all the instructions in the manual, when we send data to the plotter, the display briefly shows 1kb as if data is on the way, but then the host computer brings up the message that data could not be sent and to check communication settings.

Daveygz

Hi there,
We have a Mimaki CG160FX plotter at the moment but are unable to get it to communicate with the host computer.

The machine appears to be in good working order, and was acquired during the buyout of another company.

So far we have been able to set up finecut 8 with illustrator connected the plotter via USB, and performed a connection test which came back as being correct.

The problem comes when asking the Mimaki to actually plot a file, we then get an error message along the lines of unable to send data to plotter, check communication settings.

I have even tried an earlier version of finecut but have had the same problem.

After trawling the web for answers i came accross this site where someone else seems to have had the same problem, and had it solved by another member, the answer seems to be in upgrading the firmware on the plotter from v2.0 to v3.0.

I have tried to contact that member but had no reply.

Does anybody on here know how i can go about performing/obtaining the upgrade as I have searched high and low but to no avail, there is no mention of it on the Mimaki website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tristan

Was having the exact issue with my cg160fx and Illustrator. The solution for me was upgrading finecut version to 8.7 and then getting my mimaki service rep to upgrade the plotter software version from 2.0 to 3.0. To check you version number switch on the mimaki and then watch the display for the number after V during the start-up process. Have to be pretty quick as it pops pretty fast after power up. If it's v2.0 you definitely need to upgrade the software and then you'll be golden. Hope this helps.