• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV 150-75 Misfiring issues , Cyan mark most visible on Pinch roll lane

vtriplesix

Hi guys , first time posting here , hope to get some help

I'm using mimaki CJV 150-75 print & cut with original mimaki BS4 ink , recently i have issues with cyan ink dripping from the head , my technician said it was a damper issue , he then check the damper and says it's still in "ok" condition and might not need replacement , he then suspect an air leak from the tube because it's loose when he try to attach the tube with the damper , and he then proceed to tightened it with a tape .

now my cyan ink is not dripping anymore but the some part from nozzle test of cyan ink is Still missing (it was missing sinche the dripping issue) , and i notice a lot of little cyan dot on the image i'm printing , he said my cyan is misfiring but not sure what causes it . now i notice there is still a cyan mark when i start printing , and its so much heavier on where the pinch roll position is , and it's not from the pinch roll.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 14.43.16.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 14.43.16.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 718
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 14.43.37.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 14.43.37.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 300
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 14.43.38.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 14.43.38.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 289
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 14.43.38 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 14.43.38 (1).jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 274
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 14.43.39 - Copy.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-29 at 14.43.39 - Copy.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 293

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Check the Pinch Roller pressure and Vaccume settings, then order a new Cyan Head. You have banding in your solid colors.

vtriplesix

Check the Pinch Roller pressure and Vaccume settings, then order a new Cyan Head. You have banding in your solid colors.

Hi Joseph , thanks for your reply , is banding means a line in my solid colour? i have line on every solid colour that use cyan ink , and other colour like if i print solid red seems fine . is my Print head permanently broke? and by ordering cyan head do you mean i can replace a specific colour part from the head or i should change the whole print head ? (Which i fear the most cause the cost of mimaki print head is expensive here)

i checked the vacuum fan settings and it's on Strong , should i try weak? or host?

Last edited:

vtriplesix

update :
i try to change the vacuum settings and nothing changes , pinch roll all set to mid

i try nozzle wash and Hard cleaning then a test print turns out like this , is the print head clogged?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-06-01 at 13.29.13 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-01 at 13.29.13 (1).jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 344

Jordan55

Hello. this defect is due to a partial blockage of the blue canal. Clean carefully without pressing the nozzle with such pads if you have. If you use eco-Slovenian inks, use a cleaning solution (Slovent). If it is water-based, you can use heated water as a solution.
It's too early for a new printhead:
1: Clean manually with a swab
2: Start soaking printhead mode
Good luck

Cleaning.jpg

Joseph44708

Banding is the lines you are seeing in your printed art.
On my seiko printers I have a print head for every color on Mimaki you have one for all.
How old is your printer?
Any warranty left?
What does your tech reccomend?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
he then suspect an air leak from the tube because it's loose when he try to attach the tube with the damper , and he then proceed to tightened it with a tape .
That sounds very strange. Both cyan dampers should be replaced as the next step. Also, whatever part that was "tightened with a tape" needs to be replaced and any part of the ink line that has been stretched needs to be trimmed off. If you continue to see the same issues after doing those steps, then you may need a printhead.

Joseph44708

That sounds very strange. Both cyan dampers should be replaced as the next step. Also, whatever part that was "tightened with a tape" needs to be replaced and any part of the ink line that has been stretched needs to be trimmed off. If you continue to see the same issues after doing those steps, then you may need a printhead.
Never had a tech that jury rigged a repair

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You can do a head soak by running either nozzle, disway or custody wash. I forget which one, mimaki has stupid names. Make sure you have wash solvent in your cartridge. Try to soak for 2-3 mins then run a test print. Do it a few times and see if you get any improvement

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You can do the nozzle wash for up to 99 minutes automatically. If you want to do overnight, set the time to 2 minutes, and when the actual soak starts, power off the Main switch.

vtriplesix

thanks for all the help guys , i try to soak the head , its getting a little bit better but the problem is still present , technician come this morning and change 2 dampers but the problem still there , i guess i need a new head but i'm planning to just use this one until it's dead

vtriplesix

ok so i was daily cleaning and nozzle washing today and this happen , does it mean i have to change my yellow damper too?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 10.04.05.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 10.04.05.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 264

cobaya

Can you check the wiper first and then the capping station. It is possible that ink droplets are retained on the cyan channel which is solved by whipping. If air is present in the cyan channel you have to remove it by cleaning but only on condition that the capping is correct and set correctly. I haven't read that a mimaki technician checked it out so i advise you to do it.