• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cjv-150 + Graphtec Cutter

Shawnclift

Hi everyone

I'm just doing some research for future upgrading and wanted an easier workflow. I just wanted to know if you can use a Mimaki & Graphtec together using Rasterlink and Cutting Master, or can you only use these two together with a third party Rip software like Flexi ( I hate the subscription based :p ) ? If anyones has experience with the workflow that would be great to learn as I couldn't find anything online ?

Shawnclift

Oh I should mention it's the barcode reader that is tickling my fancy with the Graphtec. So would love to just hit go and let it do it's thing :)

Shawnclift

Rasterlink only works if you have a Mimkai cutter, or you can use it for print only.
I understand you wouldn't be able to use the Graphtec in Rasterlink .But it's more the process of using the Graphtec software and using the barcode reader to cut a roll of printed designs continuously, that's been printed from a Mimaki ?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you have Illustrator you can just make your files, use the Cutting Master plug-in to add crop marks, print through Rasterlink, and then cut from Cutting Master.

Attila Nagy

Yes, you creating the Cutline ,regmarks and barcode in Illustrator, and Cutting with the CuttingMaster Plugin. You can send the job to print with any Printer or any Rip. After Barcode created you need to send the cut layer to Cuttingmaster and hold it in queue. Cuttingmaster will be your barcode server, and sends the jobs automatically when barcode scanned.