• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150 Print Quality

gazfocus

Hi all.

I've just purchased a used Mimaki CJV150-107 and this is my first eco solvent printer. I got samples of the Mimaki and Roland machines a couple of years back and they seemed very comparable in terms of their quality.

I have just gone to print my first test print on the Mimaki and I've noticed there's 'dithering' in the print rather than solid colours and I wondered if this is 'the norm' or is it crappy media? I ramped the settings up in Rasterlink to the maxmimum number of passes and it didn't improve it massively.

For what I'm using the printer for (mainly stickers), I don't suppose it'll matter too much but thought it would be better quality if I'm honest.

(Please note, the image is incredibly zoomed in to show what I mean and it doesn't look anywhere near as bad without being zoomed in).

334906953_1280270632561543_7451759291079446911_n.jpg

DL Signs

Never go against the family
A lot of things can cause that... Too low of a print resolution selected, wrong print profile for the media, old media. If it's not a vector image and the image resolution is low they'll print like that too.

gazfocus

A lot of things can cause that... Too low of a print resolution selected, wrong print profile for the media, old media. If it's not a vector image and the image resolution is low they'll print like that too.
It’s a high resolution pdf. Original artwork is vector. I normally print this file on my Epson T7200 on photo paper and it comes out sharp at any size from A3 up to A0.

As I say, this is my first eco solvent printer so I’m completely new to this. Rasterlink wouldn’t let me set anything other than 720x1080 as the resolution and I was just printing on some free vinyl I got with the printer so just used the mimaki gloss pvc profile.

I’ve since ordered a roll of metamark md-100 and I see mimaki have a profile for that so will give that a go when it arrives.

brdesign

I had the same issue with my Cjv150 using the generic profile and default settings in Rastorlink. After downloading a profile to match the vinyl and changing the halftone setting to MFD, it's been printing great.
The halftone setting seems to have made the biggest difference.

7_nebo_7

IS the printer calibrated? Distance between media and print nozzle surface, Head slant, unidirectional, bidirectional .

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
It’s a high resolution pdf. Original artwork is vector. I normally print this file on my Epson T7200 on photo paper and it comes out sharp at any size from A3 up to A0.

As I say, this is my first eco solvent printer so I’m completely new to this. Rasterlink wouldn’t let me set anything other than 720x1080 as the resolution and I was just printing on some free vinyl I got with the printer so just used the mimaki gloss pvc profile.

I’ve since ordered a roll of metamark md-100 and I see mimaki have a profile for that so will give that a go when it arrives.
If 720x1080 is your only option, you need to download some new profiles.
Also try printing is Uni-Direction and see if it's better. If it is, then your calibration is off.
I print most of my jobs with fine print or details in Uni-Direction, just because I can't be bothered to Calibrate the Bi-Directional for a small job.