• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-160 4 vs 6 color

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Might be nice to introduce yourself.... anyways welcome to S101. Biggest difference - in 6 color it will print about half as fast. NO (yes NO) additional color range is provided by going to 6 color, just almost imperceptably smoother transitions in skintones and some gradients. Over the past 10 years or so I have only met a couple of people who did not ultimatley change their 6 color setup to dual 4 color and never look back... unless of course it's a machine that does not support dual cmyk.

MikePro

greetings from wi!

also, 4color is preferred over 6color setup simply because you have to carry less reserve ink cartridges to make sure you can keep your printer going when one runs out.

imprenta_505

Thank you guys! i placed the 4 color order just in time. And we are a company out in Yakima, Washington. Called Imprenta Graphics, we work mainly with signs and screen printing. If you have any questions about our services please feel free to ask

Thanks again for the help!