• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-160 Streaking Issues

palidin55

I currently have a Mimaki CJV30-160 and am having some streaking issues. You can see what I am talking about by the attached images. I am wondering if it is an issue with the cyan jets. If you look at the test print the lines do not seem consistently spaced like the other colors. Could this be causing the issue. If not does anyone have any other suggestions on what could be causing this issue?

All of the streaking is in the direction the print head moves.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Attachments

• Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 263
  • Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 220
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 212

Robert M

Lint

see if there is any lint or fibers hanging off the bottom of the head. Clean the encoder, change the wiper

palidin55

Thanks for your response. All of those things have been done already. The current recommendation from our service provider is that we install a new print head because of the cyan test print. He said that it is bad....any thoughts?

ChicagoGraphics

Your service provider will alway's try to sell you one of the most expensive parts on the printer. I would do a 99 minute head soak and see what happeneds.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Far as I'm concerned that nozzle check is perfect. If anything it might need an alignment but I'd be looking closer at the profile being used and temperatures.

MikePro

lol@ "head replacement" response... they love throwing that out there, as you can correct many problems during the process of replacing a head, only one of them being a busted printhead... which i doubt you have.

not familiar with the cjv30, but do you have a headwash mode like my jv3? where it pumps out the ink, and flushes your heads with cleaning solution, and then refills the ink. give that a go first before resorting to a new head.
(also, if you don't want to flush the entire system... you can disconnect the ink lines at the pump and only leave the cyan connected, and it will only cycle that one head.)

ultimately, my money's on those streaks coming from the black printhead. maybe give that head a thorough cleaning as well while you're at it. run alignment procedures, as well, to cover all your bases.

Robert M

Media

Almost looks like bad media or profile, what are you printing on? if your test print is good then I would leave the head out of the loop. Are you having the problem all the time or just after a few feet of printing. Also check the cap top and make sure it is clean

mojeboje

Did you tried media compesation .... it worked for me ..I don't see any issue with print head .... got to be profile ...