• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-60 Ink not flowing into Dampers. How to rid the air?

Myster Enigma

Hello,

My Mimaki CJV30-60 was left sitting idle for a whole year. The nozzles were working perfectly before then.

So I recently changed the dampers, tubes and capping station. I also gave the printhead an overnight soak. I went into options and selected Ink Fill Up. Still nothing was coming out of the test prints. So I decided to manually try and fill up the dampers. I took a syringe to the damper nozzle and tried to slowly pull on the syringe to extract ink into the damper. I did this with a 10ml syringe as I don't have a bigger one. The ink will then just flow back to the opposite direction as if there's pressure pulling it back.

Next I decided to pull ink through the waste ink tanks tubes under the capping station. There are two tubes so I used the same syringe method but instead plugging up one tube and syringing the other. This seemed to have drawn ink from one of the yellow tubes as well as one cyan tube.

After this I did the ink fill up which now seems to be pumping ink from the yellow and cyan tube but nothing else. As you can see from the photos the nozzle tests show that there's some success in bringing back those colours. The other photos show that the rest of the lines are clear with no ink flow.

What is the next step for me to bring back the rest as it seems that the ink is still trying to flow away from the rest of the dampers. Did I do the right thing by sucking ink through those waste ink tank tubes or is there another tube I can suck it through? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20190318_214710.jpg
    20190318_214710.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 526
  • 20190318_214721.jpg
    20190318_214721.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 455
  • 20190318_214726.jpg
    20190318_214726.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 525

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
When you say “idle”, was the machine plugged in/allowed to do its cleaning cycles and/or ink flushed before being left idle? If you just plugged it off and left it for a year I’m surprised you’re getting anything back at all.

Myster Enigma

When you say “idle”, was the machine plugged in/allowed to do its cleaning cycles and/or ink flushed before being left idle? If you just plugged it off and left it for a year I’m surprised you’re getting anything back at all.

It was literally left off the entire time :( I was just getting into Print and Cut and bought an SP540v the month before. Saw a great deal on the Mimaki and bought it. I saw the machine work from the store, took it home and haven't had the time to use it until now. It had seen very little use before I bought it so I'm hoping that it can still be recovered. As of right now once I can get the ink to flow back into the dampers then I can work on fully recovering the nozzles. I'm taking it one step at a time. Just not sure what I can do to get the ink flowing.

Thanks

Myster Enigma