• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV300-160 print quality poor

Bensignman

Hi all, I’ve recently had trouble with the print quality in my Mimaki CJV300-160. Machine is 14 months old. It has printed fine and now looks like there are colours dropping out here and there. All test prints are perfect, ie tried different types of media, files, And new inks. Nothing is helping. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 3CB2F5DD-A870-43B2-8CB9-CBCEBD307D27.jpeg
    3CB2F5DD-A870-43B2-8CB9-CBCEBD307D27.jpeg
    847.3 KB · Views: 664
1/check head alignment
2/print CMYK blocks, see what colors are affected
3/take off the cover from the carriage and check if dumpers have enough ink in them
4/print something with heavy coverage and see it ink tubes have air in them
5/print unidir - see if that solves the problem

Bensignman

Hi thanks for your response, head alignment is perfect, CMYK blocks are as photo attached shows. I’ve printed this several times and sometimes it will nearly all be ok then others it starts fine then drops out and then comes better etc etc. Printing undirectional doesn’t change anything either. I have spoken to a tech today but he’s not sure when he can get to me as I’m a few hours drive away but it has him stumped also. Even when it appears to drop out I can do a test print straight away and all heads/ nozzles still print perfectly.

Attachments

• 65EAF75F-B7DC-4B2A-8FED-69034D095F78.jpeg
    65EAF75F-B7DC-4B2A-8FED-69034D095F78.jpeg
    956.2 KB · Views: 483

TraderLink

Merchant Member
Just a thought... wondering if it may be heater issues. You may want to try doing a little testing up and down with the degrees. Or, they may not be going on and off properly.

It cannot be ink starvation since unidirectional should give plenty of time for the ink to get to the head but as far as I can see only blue and magenta is affected which is on one head (if my memory serves my well). Looking forward to see what the technician says.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try doing an air purge on the bulk system. Over time air can get in and cause pressure issues. I believe they want you to air purge once per year if I remember correctly.