• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200-2513. buy or no buy?

Hazzmatte

Hey everyone, We are looking at our first flat bed printer and we’re considering the JFX200-2513 (Or the ex model). Would anyone be willing to share there experience (good or bad)?

Anything we should know going into this printer?

We currently run epson S80600 printers which are awesome.

thank you

rjssigns

I run an older(about three years) JFX in the lab at school. Dead slow but gorgeous prints. We're running CMYKW and varnish. Not sure if there have been any speed improvement with the latest model.
No real issues to speak of. One small ink leak and the heads were replaced. Head replacement was due to a lot of use, not crashes or outright failure.

Understand that this is one machine out of hundreds and my experience. Best bet is to bring your own files and media and demo them for quality and speed.

Hazzmatte

I run an older(about three years) JFX in the lab at school. Dead slow but gorgeous prints. We're running CMYKW and varnish. Not sure if there have been any speed improvement with the latest model.
No real issues to speak of. One small ink leak and the heads were replaced. Head replacement was due to a lot of use, not crashes or outright failure.

Understand that this is one machine out of hundreds and my experience. Best bet is to bring your own files and media and demo them for quality and speed
my understanding Is the ex model is faster. Yes we will demo the unit for sure! Thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
my understanding Is the ex model is faster. Yes we will demo the unit for sure! Thank you
the Ex is faster because it has an extra head. The JFX series is a good entry level flatbed. As mentioned above, not the fastest flatbed out there but fast enough and at great quality for it's price point.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What does “entry level” mean? What am I giving up compared to a more robust machine?
It's just a good machine for people who are starting out in the flatbed world for the first time. Fairly easy to learn to use and maintain. Lower price point than most full sized flatbeds. You're giving up speed and automation. The higher end ones are much faster and some have auto loaders etc.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Hey everyone, We are looking at our first flat bed printer and we’re considering the JFX200-2513 (Or the ex model). Would anyone be willing to share there experience (good or bad)?

thank you
I saw your post on Signs 101 and there are several things I feel we could help you with. To start with we sell the Flora flatbed printers and there are many different models to choose from all the way from entry level to the top of the line that can print a 4’x8’ sheet in about 55 seconds image. I see you are located in PA, our office is in NJ should you want to see a live demo or we can also do remote demonstrations if you would like. Then finally the Mimaki printer you are mentioning we have at least one of these coming back on trade and would be available for short money. If you have any questions or further interest, please contact me.

Thank You

Dave Philipps

FLORA USA - AMERICAN PRINTING SYSTEMS, LLC.

105 W, Dewey Ave, Building C Suite 17
Wharton, NJ 07885
862-437-1457 x131
www.floraUSA.net

Superior_Adam

What does “entry level” mean? What am I giving up compared to a more robust machine?
I got one of the first ones when they were released. Great machine but slow. Its been a few years but a 4'x8' CMYK print takes about 18 minutes or so. This is entry level as it has 2 heads and the speed is slower. We upgraded to an EFI which has 6 heads and print a sheet in about 7 minutes. But the EFI is about 2x the cost of the JFX200.

Hazzmatte

I saw your post on Signs 101 and there are several things I feel we could help you with. To start with we sell the Flora flatbed printers and there are many different models to choose from all the way from entry level to the top of the line that can print a 4’x8’ sheet in about 55 seconds image. I see you are located in PA, our office is in NJ should you want to see a live demo or we can also do remote demonstrations if you would like. Then finally the Mimaki printer you are mentioning we have at least one of these coming back on trade and would be available for short money. If you have any questions or further interest, please contact me.

Thank You

Dave Philipps

Wharton, NJ 07885
862-437-1457 x131
www.floraUSA.net
Heard about those printers. Are they made in China?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Yes the Flora printers are made in Shenzhen China and made at the same plant, that makes either complete printers or major components for EFI, Vanguard and Mutoh to name a few. Flora as a company has sold over 25,000 printers and I have numerous references that I can supply to you on the performance of the printer and the support we provide. I am not sure exactly where you are located in PA but we just installed one about two weeks ago near Nazareth.

Thank You

Dave Philipps

Wharton, NJ 07885
862-437-1457 x131
www.floraUSA.net

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
One other thing I forgot to mention we have the capability to do a remote demo on the printer in our showroom if you any interest in seeing a remote demo rather than making the trip to our showroom. You certainly are welcome to do either but coming to office may be more to your advantage as in addition to seeing the Flora you can also see the Summa flatbed cutter as as well as Summa roll cutters and the latest in the HP Latex technology as we have all of this equipment on display.

Thank You

Dave Philipps

Wharton, NJ 07885
862-437-1457 x131
www.floraUSA.net

Hazzmatte

One other thing I forgot to mention we have the capability to do a remote demo on the printer in our showroom if you any interest in seeing a remote demo rather than making the trip to our showroom. You certainly are welcome to do either but coming to office may be more to your advantage as in addition to seeing the Flora you can also see the Summa flatbed cutter as as well as Summa roll cutters and the latest in the HP Latex technology as we have all of this equipment on display.

Thank You

Dave Philipps

Wharton, NJ 07885
862-437-1457 x131
www.floraUSA.net

Thank You

Dave Philipps

Wharton, NJ 07885
862-437-1457 x131
www.floraUSA.ne

Thank You

Dave Philipps

Wharton, NJ 07885
862-437-1457 x131
www.floraUSA.net
Sent you a PM

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations

thank you
Let me know how the EX model demo goes. I have heard positive things about that printer not seen in person myself.
I currently use Stratojet Shark Flatbed Printer, been using it for last 3 years - happy with the quality and support here. One thing you will like about most Flatbed Printers is you won't have to change printheads on them frequently, much less maintenance than solvent printers