• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 160s - "Cannot find Mimaki Firewire Driver"

JonPypes

Just purchased a used Mimaki JV3 160s. I bought the printer complete with the rip computer (with Firewire card installed) which was unplugged the same way I plugged it back in after the move. All systems were go right before we unplugged it to ship and plugged back in before booting anything. Now I'm getting error that Poster Print "Cannot find Mimaki Firewire Driver." I tried reinstalling the driver but the install says it's already installed and cancels itself. The device manager in win xp shows that the device is installed configured and working with no problems. Firewire card seems to be working fine in the printer. Lights up, reset button works fine. Computer's firewire card is seated perfectly in it's slot. and both sides are plugged in where they were unplugged from when I bought it. Very frustrating seeing that these firewire cards are so finnicky after purchasing this printer. If the program is telling me that it can't find the driver is that because it can't detect the device or that it can't detect the driver? And does anybody know a fix to this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

heyskull

I had a similair problem last week and thought I had fried the firewire card in the printer.
Turned out to be the firewire cable.
I think the cables can be as fusy as the cards so I would try a new one.

SC

JonPypes

How similar was your issue? Was it giving you the same error "Cannot find Mimaki Firewire Driver"