• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3-160s

ironchef

A friend brought over a jv3 today for me to play with, has some head issues, hasn't been used for like 6 months or more. When I took off the Bordeaux ink cartridge, I can see it's a hott sticky mess in there. Ink must have spilled out due to the miami heat. I'm scared I won't be able to get it operational again

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Z SIGNS

Don't be scared..It's not healthy.
It's only a machine.A bunch of different components assembled into a thing that prints.They are not that complicated.If you have the time and are a little handy (know which end of screwdriver to use)and know basic diag, you can learn how to get em going.Depends on how much effort you want to put into it.If you are set on getting it going my advice would be to dive into it and keep bangin at it.Get the service manual and learn all there is to know about that machine and printers in general.In short "find out what makes it tick" Lot's of info on this site.
Good luck getting it going
And where is Artbot?

ironchef

Lol thanks. I'm not that scared, I have no money into it. I have a mimaki cjv30 and getting into a hp 570. This jv3 is just a project /experiment. I'm hoping it's worth it to get it printing again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk