• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3 end ink issue

bjsimmers

ok, first of all, I'm new here. been looking for a forum like this for a while. my issue is this: I have a black ink cartridge for my jv3 that is out of date but I need to use the ink till the new cartridge comes in (middle of this coming week) just happens we've had a lot of jobs come in quickly and need to know if there is an override for this. I've already changed the chip and used an extra 30 cc out of it, but it is still more than half full and won't let me add remaining ink again. any help on this would be great.

thanks, B.J.

ColesCreations

You can reset the date in your printer to allow using the cartridge after the date on the cartridge, by removing and replacing the memory battery. Search this forom for how-to.
Then you will never have a problem with the date again.

bjsimmers

i'll let you know what happens. I'm going to try it today. My business partner is a computer wiz, and electronics wiz. I think we can do this pretty easy. I will try to do a step by step for the ill at heart.

bjsimmers

It appears that the procedure was quite easy. follow those instructions on the other thread on how to remove the battery and you will be fine. Obviously we just did it 10 minutes ago but, the printer is up and working again and the expired black ink is now working as it should be. just for a precaution, before I powered down the printer, I made note of all other ink levels and heat settings. But they all appeared as they were before the change. Also another thing I did was pulled all cartridges out a little before turning back on and then reset each one into their sockets after powered up. Only time will tell if it is fine or not. good luck.

ColesCreations

Glad it worked!

Anyway, not surprised...

A guy was having a bit of a problem getting the battery out, some kind of clip holding it in, I don't remember exactly how to get it out, as I did this 1.5 years ago. Can you add to the other thread, how to get the battery out?

:beer