• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 users...help

signguy95

What settings do you usually use for printing on vinyl, banner, etc.?

I printed some banners on ultraflex 13 oz gloss tonight using:

Oracle 3850 preset, standard quality, 360 x 540, 6 pass, bi-directional

I'm using flexi pro rip. The ultraflex profile wasn't in my computer and I couldn't find one on the internet. Supplier was closed so I couldn't call them.

Took a little while to print (2) 2' x 16' banners, full color. Is this normal? I am using the 6 color machine, so I expected some slower speeds but mimaki and my supplier said it shouldn't be really noticeable.

So, if you could give me some info on settings and what not about what you use and resolutions!

thanks for the help,

Jay

signguy95

Yeah, I read the post, and took in what you were saying. Not that I don't agree with you on most of the stuff you said, it's just that this is my first printer and I am still in the playing stage of it!!!!:Big Laugh Plus, I alway do white banners with red and black letters for this dealership, which they never complain but I wanted to make them go *amn we weren't expecting that. So, if I have to use a little extra ink and burn some extra brain cells (which I don't know if there is any left :Big Laugh ) I wanted to play.

I'm going to post up a picture tomorrow of the banners. I think they look pretty sweet, but I'm still learning, also!

I know you have a JV3 also, I have done as search and found some info about it, but instead of the techs telling me my settings, I thought someone with hands on experience might give me some things they might have learned.

Thanks,

Jay

iSign

I almost always print banners 360x540, bi-directional, high speed and I thought the setting I used was 3 pass... but I haven't actually looked for long enough that I don't recall (I have an employee do most of the printing now)

My profiles all come from Advantage Sign Supply. The banner media I use is 15 oz Optima gloss. I will never use 13 oz again. Be careful with that stuff... you better be hemming it all the way around on that size banner. I suggest you move up to 15 oz, then you could just hem the ends & cut little 1" x 1" squares of extra banner cloth to put behind the grommets on top & bottom. I tried that on 13 oz stuff though... and had several banners fail in one windy day at a car show. One of the banners was my own, & 2 were a clients (well... an ex-client)

ChicagoGraphics

Buy some colour management software and a spectrometer, and you wouldn't have to worry what profile to use, you would make them yourself. The software is costly, but It's great to have great colour all the time on any given day/month or year. As for your rip Flexi doesn't do you justice.

I use Ultra Flex 13oz. I never gotten a banner back, even the 15'x50meter I did last year that was taped hemed together. And it's hagging right here in the windy city. I think all banners should be hemmed on all four sides regardless if it's going outdoors or indoors, it gives it more a professonal look.

eforer

What settings do you usually use for printing on vinyl, banner, etc.?

I printed some banners on ultraflex 13 oz gloss tonight using:

Oracle 3850 preset, standard quality, 360 x 540, 6 pass, bi-directional

I'm using flexi pro rip. The ultraflex profile wasn't in my computer and I couldn't find one on the internet. Supplier was closed so I couldn't call them.

Took a little while to print (2) 2' x 16' banners, full color. Is this normal? I am using the 6 color machine, so I expected some slower speeds but mimaki and my supplier said it shouldn't be really noticeable.

So, if you could give me some info on settings and what not about what you use and resolutions!

thanks for the help,

Jay

I guess its all relative, but I generally print my banners on that setting if they are a little more quality intensive (crappy low detail-ish long distance stuff I do 360X360 4 pass) and its not that slow (in high speed mode).