• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

****MIMAKI JV3 won't boot

genericname

Is there a way to isolate problems ie....slider...motherboard etc..........???

In a general, roundabout way, without the use of sophisticated electronics testing equipment, sure.

Same issue after you switch from firewire to parallel? Firewire card's good, but it could mean a fried slider or main board.
If you get a good test pattern, it's probably not the slider board.
Swap your head ribbon cables positions, and the problem doesn't travel? Either your heads or one of the boards.
You could go on and on; just eliminate certain components as issues by testing them in varied conditions.

tooserious

I have to get cables is there a way to isolate without cables...as in eliminate those......maybe unplug them or something...the screen flashes yellow then goes off.......

genericname

As in, you don't have cables plugged in? If that's the case, then that's why it's just shutting off right away. Either that, or you may have cables crossed, plugged into the wrong ports, or shorting out.

tcorn1965

Is this by chance plugged into a battery backup? I had the same issue, flash of screen then nothing. I took the plug off of battery backup and it booted fine. Issue never came back up.

Terry

artbot

sounds like you need to first send in your slider board to macmedia for testing. if it's an emergency i'd take out the main board and send it too. it can be frustrating to be overnighting two packages that could have been one shipment and faster if both went together. things the slider board is really easy to remove, the main board not so... diagnosis is about $45ish? plus shipping back and forth.

strange thing, main or slider board is a cheaper problem than zapping a head. so let's hope you just need some minor board work and shipping done.

tooserious

Screwed

I have put in the word to get the tech out here......dammut......I did see a spark spot on the head where it arced.....not sure may be head too! I gotta have the printer shipping is messed up to Macmedia .......hmmmmI wonder why.....well I might as well go do some service work to pay the bills I need this thing ASAP:frustrated:

artbot

do you have an old head that doesn't throw error 07? if so just plug it in, duct tape it to the carriage and see if it will boot.

tooserious

I tried plugging an old cartridge in and nothing. Does it have to n
be grounded?? Which way do the cables go...it has CN8 over CN9(on slider) then 10 over 11 etc till 15 then it shows HCN1 CN8 on the top would go to the left HCN2

tooserious

Didn't mean to put HCN1 scratch that I think I have them right all the tops go to the left and bottoms to the right

artbot

nah there's no extra grounding of the head. you can just leave the one screwed in place where it is and hang a new printhead outside of the carriage.

before calling the tech one thing at a time. get a proxy head plugged into that spot to see if it boots. if not, take off the slider board. pack it up and ship it to macmedia. the fact that you've got a burned spot on your head means that the head is ruined.