• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV300 160-Plus Ink Chips & 3rd Party Inks

JoanneW

My company recently bought a Mimaki JV300 160 Plus to upgrade from our struggling Roland XJ640. We run a bulk ink system with third party eco-solvent inks from Easy Inks in Germany. Our agent didn't inform us of the chips that cant be turned off on these new printers so now we have come to a hold on setting up the printer.

Our ink setup is 8 channels: C M Y K Lc Lm W W

We found out that the new Mimaki printers no longer recognize ES3 White chips so all the other colours the printer has registered except the 2 white cartridges. We are in the process of trying ss21 chips to try and get it to work that way. However is there a different way to get around the whole chip situation on this new Mimaki printer? Can we install an older firmware onto the printer that recognizes our current white chips?

And on another note I saw on other threads the method of taking the battery out to set the printers date back and resolve the whole constantly expiring chips situation but does this work on new Mimaki printers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we've had a brand new printer sitting useless for 2 months now.

dale911

President
Do yourself a favor and order the circuit board from Ink Control. It is a billion times better than dealing with the chips. I was fighting with permanent chips and 1 use chips and things and it was a huge pain. Ink control will emulate whatever ink set you want and make the printer work. Also nice is that it emulates a standard cartridge or ink bags so it will accurately show how much ink you are using. The price is well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoanneW

Do yourself a favor and order the circuit board from Ink Control. It is a billion times better than dealing with the chips. I was fighting with permanent chips and 1 use chips and things and it was a huge pain. Ink control will emulate whatever ink set you want and make the printer work. Also nice is that it emulates a standard cartridge or ink bags so it will accurately show how much ink you are using. The price is well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for replying so quickly!

I'll definitely look into that.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Thank you for replying so quickly!

I'll definitely look into that.
That or lavaink sells chips. Had better luck with theirs than many others we tried on our jv300. We had a ton of defective mimaki chips (sb4 dye sub ink) so we always had a stack of aftermarket chips to pop in as it was easier than dealing with getting replacements from mimaki each time

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I just recently perchance a JV300 plus- aqueous and having issues sourcing reliable chips also. I am using 3rd party inks with SB53 chips. Currently looking at possible purchasing a resetter device so I can set the chips myself from LFP repair https://www.lfp-repair-service.com/. thank you for the information.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Technically there is no such thing as a Mimaki unlimited chip. Most of the third party chips are simply 1 liter chips. The re-setters are a better option for sure but keep in mind that even they aren't unlimited in most if not all cases. They tend to have a limited amount of resets that need to be refreshed after a while. Not sure how LFP's unit works though so it may be different.